Update Paul_FJCruiser

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

Car has now been assessed by AFM and at 86K of repairs the insurance company has written off the car. Taking the plates to RTA tonight and then to the insurer to get the declared value less the 20% depreciation for this year as its a full year of the policy 5 days later!

We have placed the order for the FJ Extreme at 140K – saving 19K!!!
    http://www.toyota.ae/offers/

congrats :ymparty: :ymparty: hope to c u soon in action :drive: :drive:

will it be possible for you take the skids and other mods off from ur previous fj??

November 9, 2016 at 2:43 pm #37098

It’s was impossible to take off the snorkel unless I wanted to replace the front panel, the skid plate was also difficult as the OEM was not kept.

Lights and roof rack I have. I guess its the cost of doing business!!! Probably won’t mod the Xtreme for a while! I hope to be back in the desert within a fortnight at fewbie level to get used to the difference in the car handling vs the old one. Looking forward to it ๐Ÿ™‚

November 28, 2016 at 5:09 pm #37277

Following our adventures rolling in the desert we are now back on four wheels and the insurance has paid up and a new car in the drive way.

The breakdown is that Toyota took a week to ascertain what Asim knew in minutes, that the car was a write-off. If the cost of repair in the UAE is 50% or more than the value of the car, it will be written off.

Once Toyota confirmed the damage, the insurance needed me to transfer the vehicle to them (30 minutes at RTA) and then AIG took just over two weeks to make the payment. Toyota where we purchased the new car were amazed that i did this is just over three weeks, citing that it normally takes month.

I guess I know how to be a pain in the arse!!

I purchased a new 2016 Xtreme for 140K which I really think was a bargain down from 158K. At the moment all I am going to do to it is to run my roof rack and lights on it and get a skid plate made, job done!

See you all soon in the desert!

Paul

November 28, 2016 at 5:16 pm #37278

Wow that’s great news Paul! See you on the sand. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 28, 2016 at 5:35 pm #37279
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

Following our adventures rolling in the desert we are now back on four wheels and the insurance has paid up and a new car in the drive way.

The breakdown is that Toyota took a week to ascertain what Asim knew in minutes, that the car was a write-off. If the cost of repair in the UAE is 50% or more than the value of the car, it will be written off.

Once Toyota confirmed the damage, the insurance needed me to transfer the vehicle to them (30 minutes at RTA) and then AIG took just over two weeks to make the payment. Toyota where we purchased the new car were amazed that i did this is just over three weeks, citing that it normally takes month.

I guess I know how to be a pain in the arse!!

I purchased a new 2016 Xtreme for 140K which I really think was a bargain down from 158K. At the moment all I am going to do to it is to run my roof rack and lights on it and get a skid plate made, job done!

See you all soon in the desert!

Paul

wow!! thats great news indeed. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ :ymparty: :ymparty: MANY CONGRATULATIONS :ymparty: :ymparty: ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

@Paul_FJCruiser 2016 FJ = Crawl Control + Atrac ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

hope to c u soon in Action ๐Ÿ˜€ and congrats once again ๐Ÿ˜€

November 28, 2016 at 6:07 pm #37280

Congrats on the new car Paul ! :yesss: :thanks:

November 28, 2016 at 7:04 pm #37281

Congrats Paul :ymparty: :ymapplause: looking forward to drive with you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

November 29, 2016 at 4:25 am #37283

Nice work Paul; glad to see you will be back in action now!

Moral of the story, roll your car get a brand new FJ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜•

November 29, 2016 at 5:25 am #37284

Congratulations Paul! We have a proverb “everything what has happened with you bad is for the good changes” Hope i translate it correct.
    Hope to see u soon on sand!

November 29, 2016 at 5:57 am #37285

Congratulations Paul :drive: :drive: :drive: on your new drive.

November 29, 2016 at 7:29 am #37286

Great to see you back so soon!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.