Vibration after lifting XTERRA

• Author

A question for experienced XTERRA owners out here. I have a 2013 off-road Xterra and i recently installed a leveling kit to give it a 2″ lift. I noticed lately there is a very annoying vibration as i drive past 80Kmph … anyone has experienced anything similar? or is it probably a balancing issue with the tyres?

May 15, 2016 at 11:23 am #35875

Any car will show it’s weak suspension points after lifting.
    It’s too complicated to trust online advises.
    I know from experience.
    Get it properly checked, start with tyres (balance/alignment) and if not solved – complete suspension check (bushes, bolts, joints etc).

May 15, 2016 at 7:15 pm #35876

Hey Man!… I had used a 3 inch leveling kit for a few days which I removed later. There were no vibration issues (however the spacers in the front for lift do reduce [Dampening] your shocks performance). The only time I had vibration is when I had a popout in the desert and too much sand got in the tyre. Did a cleaning n balancing and its back to normal.

May 16, 2016 at 7:33 am #35877

Try to identify the source of the vibration first. Is it front or rear? left or right side?
    If the vibration only appeared after the lift then it could be related to the leafs, springs, shackles…
    Best thing to do is get it tested at the garage that fixed the lift for you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.