Wadi Recommendations?

• Author

Good afternoon all,

After planning on an Oman trip for some Wadi bashing this long weekend, following the recent rainfall, I discovered that I didn’t in fact have 6 months validity on my passport…which has thrown my plans into a bit of disarray.

I’ve done many trips to the Wadis over in Oman, but very little in terms of the UAE.

At the moment I’m looking at either Wadi Shawka, or Wadi Maidaq. Mainly looking for some interesting driving and then a decent area to walk around and do a bit of exploring, hopefully with some natural water pools with all the recent rain!

Any recommendations are welcome, we have a GPS so can plug in some co-ords if they’re off the beaten track. The further away from civilisation the better if you ask me.

Thanks in advance!

November 24, 2019 at 12:15 pm #43340

Wadi Sidr is not bad. but u need to go deep inside after a small village, soon after the Emirati villas’ area.
    what I liked about is: it’s mystic.

November 24, 2019 at 12:19 pm #43341

I think we may have passed through Sidr/Sana while doing Asimah earlier this year? If memory serves all 3 of them are quite close together?

November 24, 2019 at 7:04 pm #43344
    quote Offroadstuff post_id=49533 time=1574597947 user_id=26142:

I think we may have passed through Sidr/Sana while doing Asimah earlier this year? If memory serves all 3 of them are quite close together?

I didn’t join it, so can’t say.

November 26, 2019 at 4:14 am #43349

Dear Mr. James,
    If you are looking for some recommendations, details and all that kind of stuff about wadies in UAE, you might better ask our mates in “Adventure Emarat”.
    Adventure Emarat is our sister group. They are mainly focusing on hiking and spending most of their time in wadies around the country.
    You can ask questions on their FB page and they will respond.
    You might like to join one of their activities and see how it goes.

December 12, 2019 at 5:42 am #43399

Great thread idea.

I have been to Showka many many times but as yet have failed to find water!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.