Wahiba Desert Xing, Bar Al Hikman, & Sugar Dunes Overland Fun

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    quote matthewficco:

This trip will cover a lot of desert terrain. Although we will take bedouin/farm tracks for the majority of it, it will be a lot. This is not a trip for first-timers or drivers with limited offroad experience. As such, selection for the trip will be based on your driving experience with DO. The right to limit the trip participants based on participant numbers or driver experience remains. Thank you for understanding.

Aaaaa okay understood, I got confused then as it was under the DO Newbie section. Have a fun drive

February 1, 2017 at 6:24 am #38022
    quote matthewficco:

Welcome everyone especially Nasir from Muscat…it is always great to have our Omani brothers join us.

I will put a detailed plan together, which will highlight the dates, times, meeting points, drive route, camp sites, etc. This will then help everyone plan for their personal requirements. If some can only join for the weekend and then need to head back home on Saturday evening this will be possible.

Please keep in mind, this is not a “dune-bashing, desert trip” rather it is an overland expedition trip to explore new terranin, new areas, and see new sights. On our drive through Wahiba, we will need to cover somewhere between 180-220Km depending on our route. This will be done however, mainly on farm/bedouin tracks and not through the dunes.

I will update with more details as the trip plan evolves.

Hello Matthew, This is a fabulous idea which will reach another level if you include a patch of dunes enroute. A suggestion, :drive:

:thanks:

February 1, 2017 at 8:44 am #38023

I am IN!

February 1, 2017 at 8:45 am #38024

I am IN!

February 1, 2017 at 8:53 am #38025

I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

February 2, 2017 at 5:31 am #38035

Drive details updated above in drive post section. Please take note and let me know if you have any quesitons. Thanks,

February 4, 2017 at 7:07 pm #38066

Evening All
    I have been discussing this with Stu over the last few days and am definitely on for a proper Overland trip like this.
    Count me in as the 2nd Ranger in the group.
    See you in Bidiyah @ 2000 Hrs Thursday Feb 16th
    Nice 1
    J

February 5, 2017 at 12:19 pm #38073

I’m in! Thanks for arranging an awesome trip! I’m really looking forward to it 🙂

February 6, 2017 at 8:02 am #38078

Sorry Matt my visa is up for renewal and won’t be able to make for this.

February 6, 2017 at 8:52 am #38080

Hi Guys – I’m tentatively IN with wife. as i so look forward to join you and get to know all members. Although i have a clarification: as i can see the meeting point is in Oman, can join the convoy which is leaving from Dubai to the meeting point ?

February 7, 2017 at 1:18 pm #38096

Hello Colonel,

am i confirmed for this trip?…am not newbie…

February 11, 2017 at 12:27 pm #38141

Cool trip Matt, we will do the whole thing til Saturday evening then bug out and drive back to Dubai . Work on Sunday should be fun!!

February 12, 2017 at 4:23 am #38144

Sub: Whatsapp group.

Hey Matt, Do we have a whatsapp group for this event?

February 12, 2017 at 4:25 am #38145

Sub: Whatsapp group.

Hey @matthewficco Do we have a whatsapp group for this event?

February 12, 2017 at 4:48 am #38146
    quote Francis:

Sorry Matt my visa is up for renewal and won’t be able to make for this.

Sorry to hear this Francis but better you get this sort now so you are good for Omani Empty Quarter trip. See you soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.