Waterfalls & Wadis Adventure – Apr 22 & 23 Overnight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Saturday April 22nd to Sunday April 23rd
    Drive Type: Wadi Adventure, 1 convoy, which may limited in size due to space constraints in the areas of travel
    Meeting Point: TBC
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): TBC
    GPS users: TBC
    Meeting Time: 0700 on Saturday morning (Dubai location)
    Drive Start: 0715
    Drive End: Sunset (or later) on Sunday evening
    Duration: 2 days, 1 night
    Drive Route: Explore the wadis, pools, and waterfalls of Buraimi, Oman
    Drive Terrain: Wadis, rocks, graded tracks, and perhaps a little bit of everything else too

TRIP IS CLOSED. WE HAVE REACHED CAPACITY.

HOTEL UPDATE: We are staying at the Wadi Sharm Resort: http://www.wadisharm.com/en Please call ASAP and ask for Abdul +968 9261 1185. Tell him you are friends with Matt from the big group Dubai Offroaders and you need a room. The rooms range from OMR 29-49 depending on what you get. You can check the rooms on the website. Please book quickly as he is running out of rooms.

The weather is warming up a bit so let’s head to the cool wadis of Buraimi. We will drive various routes and track from Madbah to Shuwayhah in search of those cool, water oases that are scattered about. The destination will not be our only fun as the whole journey will give us great sights and fun. We aim to swim in various pools, climb around waterfalls, and have a great offroad trip. So please prepare your car as you would any offroad adventure but be sure to bring to water shoes, swim suits, towels, and any other aquatic toys you may have.

For the benefit of those who may be uncomfortable camping in this warmer weather, we will plan to stay in a budget hotel for Saturday evening. Details of this hotel will be shared shortly but the rate should be in the range of AED 300-400/ room.

As we will be crossing into Oman, you will need your passport and be able to get a visa upon arrival at the border. If you have any concerns about being able to get the visa upon arrival you can visit the Omani Consulate in Dubai to get one issued beforehand. You will need Omani car insurance for the trip. The cost to exit UAE is AED 35/pp and the cost to enter Oman is AED 50/pp. These fees are paid directly to the respective border authorities.

Please let me know of your interest to join the trip. Meeting point location will be shared later with confirmed participants.

I look forward to a great wadi weekend with you!
    Matt

DO MARSHALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY ILL-EQUIPPED OR UNSUITABLE VEHICLE!

-PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME! MEETING POINT IS AT LEAST 1/2 HR AWAY FROM DUBAI, SO PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
    -A FULL TANK OF FUEL IS A MUST!
    -IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

April 17, 2017 at 4:34 am #38801

As usual you always come with great ideas Matt. Thanks for that. Me and my wife are in.

April 17, 2017 at 6:50 am #38804

Great, looking forward to this!

April 17, 2017 at 9:22 am #38805

Hi Matthew, ๐Ÿ™‚ We Looking forward to this trip. :yesss: ๐Ÿ˜• A few questions from our side because it will be first time for us to go with DO on a two day trip. Who will do the hotel booking? ๐Ÿ˜• I assume that coming weekend a lot of people from Dubai will visited Oman it could be difficult to get rooms. B-) Will we have dinner in the hotel or do we need to take our own dinner. regards Jeannette and Eric. :thanks:

April 17, 2017 at 9:28 am #38806

looks amazing Matt. we are in

April 17, 2017 at 9:57 am #38807

Great to have all of you in. Very much looking forward to this trip.

@Eric
    FJ we are working out the deals with the hotel now. So I will share the hotel contact details, room rates, etc then each party must book their own hotel room. The plan would be to have dinner on Saturday evening at the hotel as well as breakfast on Sunday morning. So you should plan for light/easy lunches, snacks, and drinks for Saturday and Sunday during the days.

April 17, 2017 at 10:02 am #38808

Thx Matt, clear know we wait for the information.

April 17, 2017 at 10:37 am #38810

Is this ok for a newbie to join?

I have a friend and his family wanting to come but have not driven off road before

Cheers

April 17, 2017 at 10:40 am #38811
    quote DXBFJ post_id=44072 time=1492425472 user_id=25107:

Is this ok for a newbie to join?

I have a friend and his family wanting to come but have not driven off road before

Cheers

Yes, it is a newbie trip. But he should register on the DO forum and should have his vehicle adequately prepared.

April 17, 2017 at 11:55 am #38812

Matt, is the convoy complete?
    I don’t see the participants and (I’M IN) bottom anymore.

April 17, 2017 at 11:58 am #38813
    quote Bernardo post_id=44074 time=1492430120 user_id=24931:

Matt, is the convoy complete?
    I don’t see the participants and (I’M IN) bottom anymore.

Hi Bernardo, it was an error from my side. Fixed now.

April 17, 2017 at 11:58 am #38814

Hang tight Bernardo. I believe there is some system issue. No buttons or participants showing on any of the drives. NASA has been notified and they have already deployed men to fix it.

April 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm #38815
    quote matthewficco post_id=44076 time=1492430326 user_id=24548:

Hang tight Bernardo. I believe there is some system issue. No buttons or participants showing on any of the drives. NASA has been notified and they have already deployed men to fix it.

Houston, we have no problem now.

April 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm #38816

Matthew i’ve decided not to miss any of your trips from now onwards!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Please count me in if you have a vacant slot.

April 17, 2017 at 1:12 pm #38818

HOTEL UPDATE: We are staying at the Wadi Sharm Resort: http://www.wadisharm.com/en Please call ASAP and ask for Abdul +968 9261 1185. Tell him you are friends with Matt from the big group Dubai Offroaders and you need a room. The rooms range from OMR 29-49 depending on what you get. You can check the rooms on the website. Please book quickly as he is running out of rooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.