Where Eagles Dare, Wadi Al Qor on Friday the 12th April 2013

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Pajero has passed it’s medical!

In for the Wadi drive again!

April 11, 2013 at 12:28 pm #25689

Will miss ๐Ÿ˜€ this drive coz passport stuck for Visa processing.

Dhaval

April 12, 2013 at 5:49 pm #25727

Thanks Ahmad Pervez was a great drive.
    Loved the clear waters. :thanks:

April 13, 2013 at 4:17 pm #25754
    quote jasonrego:

Loved the clear waters. :thanks:

Yeah ! Cud see that in the awesomely cooool photos posted in FB.

Missed the :drive: badly. ๐Ÿ™ :-w

April 15, 2013 at 10:55 am #25863

Hello DO’s,

It is my pleasure to be with this Drive last friday… Thank you very much Mr. Ahmad Pervez for orginizing this remarkable trip :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

regards,
    Ericson

April 21, 2013 at 7:42 am #26033
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

Wadi Al Qawr (Wadi Qor) is a long and wide wadi that for centuries served as a mountain passage connecting the Eastern Coast of the Arabic Peninsula with the inner lands. The route lost its importance only recently, when a number of new tarmac roads were built nearby, followed by the construction of the border wall with Oman. The wadi’s low bed is regularly scoured by winter floods, but in many places flat terraces run along the banks, well above the flood level. It was on these terraces that numerous ancient sites were found in 1980s. Extensive excavations were undertaken in Wadi Al Qawr from 1986 to 1989. They proved that the wadi has been occupied for at least five millenniums, which is evident through these rich archaeological discoveries. These include settlements, tombs, forts, old mosques and houses. The area continues to be populated and several villages on its upper banks are still inhabited. They are linked with a recently paved wadi road and most areas are now accessible with a saloon car.
    We will, however, take the INTERESTING route where a 4WD is mandatory, the route will take us through a high Mountain pass before we descend back into the Wadi.

We will have to cross a couple of UAE / Omani checkpoints on this route, Please carry ORIGINAL PASSPORTS for all Drivers AND Passengers With a VALID RESIDENCE VISA. Please do not bring any passengers on Visit Visa on this trip as they might be turned back from the exit point.

Day and date : Friday the 12th of April 2013
    Drive Type : Open to all.
    Meeting Point : Tawi Nazwa Shops.
    Meeting Point Co-ordinates:

Meeting Time : 09:45Hrs.
    Drive Start: 10:00Hrs.
    Drive Terrain: Tracks in Mountains & wadis.
    Duration: 5 to 6 hours of drive, with Lunch at a high point overlooking some canyons.

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    b) Compatible Radio.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears and first aid.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
    e) Carry some extra food stuff to share with others for BBQ.

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

Ahmed Sir,

Good morning. I missed this trip due to family commitments and now they want me to take them to Hatta Pools.
    Can you please advice me how do i get there. someone was saying the road is under construction and you cannot go there?
    Cheers,
    Leo

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.