Wind of change

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    quote Aemi:

Kindly give me a chance to submit my report after 2 days.regrts i m trvlng.Hope u ll b flexible on this issue.

:)) :)) :)) Absolutely Sayed Bhai, take your time.
    I was just reminding the pending by expected trip reports from convoy leads ๐Ÿ™‚

November 26, 2012 at 9:55 am #20421

Taking care of the following convoy cars and making sure they do not run into trouble is the good attitude of a responsible lead. Therefore you did a good job Gerry. :ymapplause: :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚

November 26, 2012 at 11:49 am #20452
    quote geraldpinto:

Ok Here goes my trip report!

Started off with Mehul second and Shekhar last. Wound our way through till we go to the first slope, where I got stuck. Winched myself out and proceeded. Climbed up a couople of dunes and looked back and saw no one following! Turned back and saw mehul stuck in very soft sand. After a bit of struggle in soft sand we were out. Then we take a look at Mehul(Chris’) old ride the jeep cherokee and see that the Tie rod may/may not come off! Mehul very gamely still wanted to proceed, but I would need to take care of approach angles (IN AL FAQAA!!!). Then Climbed up the first dune and saw something only Jeep Cherokee guys can /will do – Mehul taking the Dune in REVERSE!!!! After closing my astonished mouth, told mehul not to do that again although he was more confident in reverse on that car!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now the real challenge, find easy approach and departure angles in al Faqa!! While stopping at a point where I couldnt go on because the angle would be too steep, got stuck. Mehul tries, Shekhar tries, and then the cavalry shows up! Tushar, Salim and Yousef. Yousef pulls me out in a jiffy and we are back on track. Speeding away get to the first check points and see no frickin flag!! Recheck the coordinates on 3 GPS’s and then convince myself , some very nice guy has taken the Flag!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Head on to the second checkpoint and on the way see gazelles springing about. Few more stucks , this time by shekhar (WHo was driving excellently , I must add) and then we stop for a breather. Frustrating to not go straight up dunes when its so easy, I know mehul misses his Pajero!!

Finally we get to second flag, and everyone suddenly has energy again and speed towards the third – In the dunes, shekhar gets stuck again and We are still unsure if the Cherokee will make it , when Gkumar gives me a call – Times UP!!

Decide not to go to the 6th checkpoint thorugh dunes, much safer to hit tracks , but dont know where the tracks hit the road. Apparently they hit the road after 20 minutes and the road is going towards Emaar Stables !!!!!!!! 6 million calls from Tushar worrying about us (Thanks Man! No Pressure – Just everyone waiting for us!!! ) and We hit route 66 and make our way to ADNOC to see my friends!!! :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w (-| ๐Ÿ˜€

My apologies to everyone, but I had a choice, take the direct route to point 6 , risk a breakdown or play it safe and take all three vehicles out, without a scratch. I chose what is actually no choice – the latter.

some very nice guy has taken the Flag!!
    I really apologize all teams that by mistake my team took the first waypoint flag, due to which all the other teams had struggled alots. guys plz apologize for the blunder done by us.

November 26, 2012 at 11:58 am #20454
    quote desert knight:

guys next will be a marshal challenge ………lol ……what say boys ?

I am ready for it…Some where in beautiful sweihan will be good…

November 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm #20470
    quote desert knight:

;;) ;;) ;;) Nice……….. shall we start the count down??? ๐Ÿ˜€

November 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm #20472

And in the marshal challenge, it’s not every team for itself, it’s every man for himself! ๐Ÿ˜€

November 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm #20477
    quote Amjed:

some very nice guy has taken the Flag!!
    I really apologize all teams that by mistake my team took the first waypoint flag, due to which all the other teams had struggled alots. guys plz apologize for the blunder done by us.

I must thank you! That gave us precious additional minutes to get away from the followers! Good thing we were team 2! =)) =)) =))

November 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm #20479
    quote desert knight:

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: !!!!!!!!!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: LETS GO !!!!!!

November 27, 2012 at 4:34 am #20502

Team #10

Winning team of Kashmir (Nissan) leading, Ahmed ( Wrangler) 2nd and Khadi (Wrangler) sweeping started off on 10 position. On reaching the dunes, I asked my team if they had problem going straight to the flags doing side sloping and cresting. They said no and we started flying on the crests. 1st point was a quick one but just before the 2nd flag my Nissanโ€™s engine stopped on the crest. I tried many times, it was not responding and told my team it might be the end of the journey. After few minutes we took a chance aagain and luckily engine started roaring. Ahmed was following me he got stuck on the same place and we pulled him with in minutes. We had some difficulties while approaching the 3rd flag. 1st I became the victim of tricky bowl and stuck in it. Khadi came to rescue but stuck in soft sand just front of Nissan. Finally Ahmed came in for help and pulled both of us out. Ahmed stuck couple of time and Khadi once before reaching the flag 3. There was no problem after flag 3 and we were welcomed by Sam at flag 6 at 11:30.

We received the coordinates for the 2nd phase and we started off but Sam called us back to check the photos (he might have doubt that we pass through all the flag or not LOL). 2nd phase was easy and we enjoyed side sloping and chasing gazelles and reached the destination at 12:30. It was prayer time Khadi and Ahmed went to mosque and I started searching the Marshals. We were expecting that the team of marshals and the sponsors would be there to welcome the first team.
    Overall it was a wonderful drive and thanks to the Marshals and the sponsor for organizing such a great event.

November 27, 2012 at 4:49 am #20504
    quote Kashmir:

Team #10
    Winning team of Kashmir (Nissan) leading, Ahmed ( Wrangler) 2nd and Khadi (Wrangler)

Job very well done Kashmirji !!! Once again congratulations to the team :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    I had a chance to see your convoy moving to 3rd flag and it was amazing to see you at the lead flying across the dune in straight line and and the two wranglers were literally glued with you….. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™‚

November 28, 2012 at 4:25 am #20536

Can we use something like this next time? It would help a lot!!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.