Wrangler Jeep roof rack / soft top

• Author

Hi, I finally got my dream car – Wrangler Jeep Sports. It’s all ready for the dunes and I’ve had some fun already.

I deal with water sports equipment and have roof racks for them – but jeep doesn’t come with runners. I have hard tops, and since its a 2014 car, I don’t want to do anything to the car that may invalidate the warranty. Any ideas?

Also, while the weather is good, I’d like to replace the hard-top with a soft-top – and switch to hard-top during the summer.

I’ve found good prices online, but no idea on shipping cost. I’ve contacted Jeepers but no response. Where can I go where I wont’ get ripped off??

Thanks for your help!

April 8, 2014 at 12:41 pm #29666
    quote staraquarius:

Hi, I finally got my dream car – Wrangler Jeep Sports. It’s all ready for the dunes and I’ve had some fun already.

I deal with water sports equipment and have roof racks for them – but jeep doesn’t come with runners. I have hard tops, and since its a 2014 car, I don’t want to do anything to the car that may invalidate the warranty. Any ideas?

Also, while the weather is good, I’d like to replace the hard-top with a soft-top – and switch to hard-top during the summer.

I’ve found good prices online, but no idea on shipping cost. I’ve contacted Jeepers but no response. Where can I go where I wont’ get ripped off??

Thanks for your help!

Maybe try Ramy 4×4.

April 8, 2014 at 1:21 pm #29667

First of all, I would advise you to check with your dealer on what will and won’t invalidate your warranty. Secondly, please double check that by reading your warranty TnCs to make sure you know what you are doing.

Below are few places you can check with for your jeep needs:

1.Ramy 4×4
    2.Icon Auto
    3.Off-Road Zone
    4.AEV
    5.Jeepers

I hope the above helps.

Finally, summer is almost round the corner. If I were you, I would wait till October to get the soft top.

April 12, 2014 at 4:40 am #29703

You should try to go to AdventureHQ at e.g. Times Square Mall on SZR. I have seen they have these “roof straps” for the Wrangler hardtop. You can then drive around with a smaller kayak on the roof, if this is what you want to do?

April 14, 2014 at 6:04 pm #29744

Thanks a bunch for your help!

I think I’ll head over to Adventure HQ first since I know them really well. Then I’ll try few other places around Al Quoz… when I get my jeep back. He’s getting some paint job and getting the sub-woofer fitted onto the back door since there really isn’t anywhere else I can secure it without the backseat…

October 28, 2015 at 7:15 am #34072
    quote staraquarius:

Thanks a bunch for your help!

I think I’ll head over to Adventure HQ first since I know them really well. Then I’ll try few other places around Al Quoz… when I get my jeep back. He’s getting some paint job and getting the sub-woofer fitted onto the back door since there really isn’t anywhere else I can secure it without the backseat…

I know this post is over a year old, but here goes.

Did you get sorted with a roof rack in the end? I have just bought a Wrangler Sport and also need to source a roof rack suitable for 2 sea kayaks. I am also a little concerned about the warranty.

Please let me know how you got on, or if anyone else has any advice?

First post here, be gentle :ymhug:

Anonymous
    October 30, 2015 at 4:18 am #34093

Hi, you can check at Icon Auto. They have a nice solution from Ruggedridge, just like the one on my profile picture.
    It’s not cheap but can hold up to 150kg. Both the hard top and the soft top can be removed or brought back while the roof rack is on.
    Just google for Icon auto Dubai.

Regards,
    Gabor

November 1, 2015 at 7:14 am #34103
    quote edeg1972:

Hi, you can check at Icon Auto. They have a nice solution from Ruggedridge, just like the one on my profile picture.
    It’s not cheap but can hold up to 150kg. Both the hard top and the soft top can be removed or brought back while the roof rack is on.
    Just google for Icon auto Dubai.

Regards,
    Gabor

Great! Thanks, I’ll have a google 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.