You know you have a real jeep . . . .

• Author

You know you have a real jeep . . . .
    1. If you use a hose to clean the inside and the outside.
    2. You can air up your tires without stopping at a gas station.
    3. When the best route from point A to point B is through the rock pile or over the sand Dune.
    4. When a scratch or a dent is a beauty mark.
    5. You roll it over and don’t get upset.
    6. Your mom/ sister/ girl friend/ wife can’t get in without help.
    7. You judge every hill/ Dune/ incline, you see by how much fun it would be to climb.
    8. You get custom pin-striping from trail brush.
    9. If it takes more than 6 hours to get donuts!!!
    10. When you’ve been forced to add TJ, CJ, YJ, and XJ to your spell-checker.
    11. When you can see OVER a Suburban.
    12. You carry emergency supplies and clothing because you never know where you will end up.
    13. When your Nudge bars battle rocks and win!!!
    14. When it rains and you don’t care that your tops and doors are off.
    15. When you change your plugs in the parking lot at work on a break
    16. When you take your Mom wheeling and she has to help you flip the Jeep back onto its wheels again
    17. You get more Air from holes in the floorboards than through the A?C vents
    18. Every page of your repair manual has greasy fingerprints
    19. Passengers scream “DON’T ROLL IT!” when you take them wheeling
    20. You spend more time under your Jeep than over your significant other.
    21. Summer comes and your can’t remember where you kept the roof.
    22. You spend more on car washes than on insurance.
    23. Even worse the car wash won’t let you in!!!
    24. You fix almost everything yourself.
    25. When you feel sorry for someone in a Dhs.200,000 Toyota Land Cruiser
    26. When you slam the door and chunks of dried mud crumble to the ground
    27. If you get asked to pick up your co-workers in a severe Shamal and get paid for it
    28. Your “Significant Other” refuses to get in it
    29. When your best friend is the neighbor hood mechanic
    30. You can’t hear your Dhs.2,000/- stereo over the noise of your tires on the highway
    31. You have a high-water mark INSIDE the Jeep
    32. Any tire that isn’t waist high looks like a bagel.
    33. You carry a set of steps with you at all times.
    34. You can’t sneak late into the house late because the engine is too loud.
    35. You carry along enough tools to supply a small garage.
    36. You nickname your Jeep after the noises it makes or it’s most damaging 0ff road accident
    37. You carry along a replacement part for every drive component on the Jeep
    38. You know how to reinforce the windshield frame near the wiper arm
    39. You’re constantly getting passed on the highway
    40. Your wallet is always empty
    41. When you finally wash the mud off, everyone thinks you bought a new Jeep

This List was copied from the Off-road.com Jeep BBS
    To the best of our knowledge, the author is unknown.

May 9, 2008 at 8:14 pm #3868

HAHAHA LMAO!!!!!!! . “Your mom/ sister/ girl friend/ wife can’t get in without help.””When you finally wash the mud off, everyone thinks you bought a new Jeep” ROFLOL THATS TOO FUNNY CAUSE ALL OF ITS TRUE.. Nice one 🙂

May 9, 2008 at 8:19 pm #3869

An American farmer from the Midwest was visiting an Icelandic farm. He was bragging about how big his US farm was.
    He told the Icelandic farmer, “I can go out my door, get in my jeep and drive for twelve hours before I reach the end of my farm. If I go out my door and drive in the other direction, I can drive for another twelve hours before I reach the end of my farm.”
    The Icelandic farmer paused and said, “Já, I used to have a jeep like that.”

May 9, 2008 at 8:23 pm #3870

Dublin’s Red Adair
    The oil well had been on fire for over ten days. Nothing like it had ever been seen in Saudi Arabia. The world’s experts had come, tried and failed to extinguish the blaze. Even Red Adair had had to admit defeat. What to do? Put up a reward! Yes, that was the answer.
    So the emir offered twenty million dollars to anyone who could put out the fire and the world’s press printed the news. For two days there were no takers and then suddenly, out of nowhere, over a huge sand hill came a jeep. Emerald green in color, it was, bearing the logo ‘Murphy’s of Finglas’.

Sixty, maybe seventy, miles an hour the jeep hurtled towards the flames with a dozen red-faced Irishmen hanging on for dear life. Into the center of the maelstrom raced the vehicle spilling the men on to the burning oil. Up and down they hopped, stamping fiercely with their Wellington boots until gradually, ever so gradually, the flames abated and the fire was snuffed out.

‘Bravo, bravo,’ bellowed the delighted emir. ‘You have more than earned the twenty million dollars. Now tell me, what’s the first thing you’ll do with the money? Holidays, Rolls-Royces, houses, what?’

‘Well,’ said Murphy, ‘the first thing we’re going to do is get the brakes fixed on that jeep!’

May 10, 2008 at 6:16 am #3871

Good Ones…really good…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.