Beginner’s, Learner’s & Intermediate Drive on Friday the 8th January 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Beginner’s, Learner’s & Experienced Driver’s Drive on Friday the 8th January 2021

TIME SCHEDULE
    Meeting time: 13:00
    Drive starts: 13:30
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Meeting Point:
    https://goo.gl/maps/pC7YibEFKtNgECdw9

Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT:
    a. This drive is not recommended for children below the age of 3 years.
    b. Any child on the drive has to be secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.
    c. Seat belts must be worn by the Driver and all/ any passengers at all times.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are free to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

January 4, 2021 at 7:02 am #44628

Just a quick question regarding the location, is this in Abu Dhabi? (Al Khatam)

January 4, 2021 at 7:37 am #44629
    quote ketanladd post_id=51019 time=1609743771 user_id=26561:

Just a quick question regarding the location, is this in Abu Dhabi? (Al Khatam)

this is Khatam Exit (Fossil Rock), Sharjah.

Anonymous
    January 4, 2021 at 10:30 am #44630

Hi,
    will this drive begin and ends within Sharjah?
    Thanks.

January 4, 2021 at 11:01 am #44631

Perfect, thanks for the clarification Tariq.

January 4, 2021 at 11:45 am #44632

I don’t see the “enroll” button for this drive. Please confirm my participation.

Thanks!

Brian

January 4, 2021 at 6:23 pm #44634
    quote pa30crewchief post_id=51024 time=1609760752 user_id=25797:

I don’t see the “enroll” button for this drive. Please confirm my participation.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian, you should be able to see it now. Thanks.

Anonymous
    January 5, 2021 at 2:45 pm #44635

Hi Hamza,
    I’ve enrolled for my first drive with the Dubai Offroading crew. Looking forward.

Cheers
    Nihal

January 6, 2021 at 5:37 am #44637
    quote nihalghosh post_id=51027 time=1609857946 user_id=26693:

Hi Hamza,
    I’ve enrolled for my first drive with the Dubai Offroading crew. Looking forward.

Cheers
    Nihal

Hi Nihal, good to have you on board, looking forward to seeing you this Friday

January 7, 2021 at 4:59 am #44639

Any recommendations for car or motion sickness medicine?

January 7, 2021 at 8:45 am #44641

Hi Guys – I am new to the off-roading and currently drives a BMW X6. I am assuming that I cant do the beginner’s level also in BMW X6? please confirm.

January 7, 2021 at 10:34 am #44642

Hey ! I would like to join tomorrow ride so I clicked on attend but it’s showing pending. By when do you think I can get the confirmation? Thank you!

January 7, 2021 at 12:34 pm #44643

Good afternoon, can we please get the coordinates for the tomorrow meeting point?

Anonymous
    January 7, 2021 at 1:32 pm #44645

Hi… Can we get coordinates for the meeting point?

January 7, 2021 at 2:09 pm #44646

WhatsApp groups will be made. And points will be shared there. Eventually it will be close to Khatam Exit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.