FJ battery draining completely

• Author

I faced complete draining of the battery if I don’t start the car for couple of weeks or more. Al Futtaim could not find anything wrong. I have kill switch, led by Titan. Changed battery once within a year and that also dead with couple of weeks non use. Other than battery change concern is any leaking current.
    Any one faced such issues?
    What battery would you recommend?
    Any good shops in Al Quoz?
    Would you recommend a battery switch?

March 5, 2019 at 7:01 am #42447

No such battery issue with my FJ. For sure there is something wrong that Al Futtaim didn’t found. Mat be you should have the car checked by a professional garage like Titan?

March 5, 2019 at 7:46 am #42448
    quote Vish post_id=48338 time=1551767021 user_id=24578:

I faced complete draining of the battery if I don’t start the car for couple of weeks or more. Al Futtaim could not find anything wrong. I have kill switch, led by Titan. Changed battery once within a year and that also dead with couple of weeks non use. Other than battery change concern is any leaking current.
    Any one faced such issues?
    What battery would you recommend?
    Any good shops in Al Quoz?
    Would you recommend a battery switch?

Unfortunately, cuz of heat batteries life here is too short, 2 years maximum as far as i know! i normally change every 2 years, when u buy new, make sure that it was made not too long time ago, better that made date less than a month. i got last from Ras Al Khor shops for 250 or even less Aed with a year warranty.
    If i leave car for more than a week i normally unplag the +
    Cuz i have some extra relle and OBD connected even when car is off, so, they might also cause A or V drainage

March 5, 2019 at 10:40 am #42449

I had no issues with mine and I also have a kill switch led by Titan.
    What Simon said makes sense to me. Al Futtain couldn’t find what’s wrong with it.

March 5, 2019 at 11:59 am #42450

Hi Vish,

You problem sounds like battery voltage/ amp leak and or parasitic battery leak.

This normally happens when a particular circuit draws power even when the car is off. Normally it is very hard to pin point the leak but i guess Shibu should be able to find the leak. In older and complicated vehicles they use a battery kill switch which disconnects the battery as a solution for the voltage leak.

Secondly, you may also want to get your alternator i.e. dynamo tested.

Btw, did u recently install any new electrical accessory? Lights, amplifier, winch etc etc.

Hope this helps, keep us posted

March 5, 2019 at 1:35 pm #42451

Sounds like the alternator isn’t holding the voltage..

March 5, 2019 at 3:27 pm #42453

Car is absolutely fine. No issue with charging as with new battery – changed today everything is fine. Issue is only when no use for 2 weeks or so. I guess could be what Asim mentioned – some parasitic leak however AL Futtaim said they didn’t find anything wrong. I have kill switch, Pedalbox and LED lights. Anyway going to disconnect battery on long periods of non use as Alex does. Thanks for the views.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.