Lift Kit for Pajero V97

• Author

Hi DO’s

Can anyone advise me on which brand suspension to go with for my Pajero 3.5L LWB. Im confused and new to off-roading.
    Brands: TJM , Dobinsons, Ironman, OME
    And what is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2 Suspensions

Your advice will be really supportive for me to make my decision quicker.

Rawthar Shah

March 28, 2019 at 11:54 am #42568

Hi Rawthar

Ill try to help u as i used to have Pajero

1. Regarding Stages – im not sure, but i think each manufacturer has their own classifications, and there is no same number for all suspensions kit.
    2. On my opinion Dobinson and Iroman has the best sets for Paj, never heard about OME for this model,but it doesnt mean that it does not exist and good in performance.
    3. I personally prefer to have shocks with double reservuar/adjustable, again, u need to understand how far u planning to go with offroading and how much comfortable car u want to have on the road! (what i did, i just asked other drivers to be a passenger and this is how i could feel if i need one or another installation for my car)
    4 For the sand its better not to have too stiff suspension as Pajero is not good in cross-flexing, so, if u instal stiff coils it won’t help on the sand, in opposite will make u stuck on technical dunes.
    5. 2.0 Lift is maximum what u need to do good offroading and do not rise centre of gravity to a critical position.

Hope it helps u a bit.
    Feel free to ask any questions, also if i m not mistaken, make a word search on a forum, we definitely have Pajero topic.

Good luck

March 28, 2019 at 5:54 pm #42570

Thanks Marshall Alex for your post. I have really got some insight into this subject from you.

March 29, 2019 at 12:06 am #42572

I have a pejero and i think we did a drive together as well 🙂 .. now for suspension .. i have gotten OME Nitrochargers, i like the way they perform but the only reason i went with them was, cause Dobinsons were not in stock ..i would look at dobinsons as they are the go to for pajeros in the pajero groups…so that is that..

As alex said, you need to decide how far you are going to take the pajero and then decide on the suspension stage you want. So far i am happy with my stage one install…

another thing that can help with pajero is the pedal commander … but can come ata later stage

March 29, 2019 at 3:47 am #42573

Hi Jebran,

Thats nice to hear from you, thanks for suggestions. I think than dobinsons – stage 1 is the good idea to go for.

Currently im on stocks, what do you suggest can I continue off roading , or should i get them replaced at the earliest.

What are cons of Offroading on stocks on a Pajero.

March 31, 2019 at 12:38 pm #42583

Well u have already gone through the pain of stock Pajero drive … The approach and exit from dunes can cause damage to bumpers both front and back .. from what I remember, you have gone through that pain….it’s not impossible to drive on stock but one has to be careful on the points I mentioned above …

Also if u get ome which is like 4200 from Titan with fitting I guess they have an offer to get the directors chair from ARB for free .. that chair itself is like 260 aed …which brings it on power of the price range of dobinsons …just check everything and offers and prices 😬

March 31, 2019 at 12:50 pm #42585

Thanks Jibran,

i recently inquired with Ironman and they have got Stage 1 (which i think is nitroshocks) and Stage 2 (which is Foam Cell) and the price offered was very reasonable, the first one is around 3,500.00 and the other is nearly 4,000.00

How do you rate Ironman and Dobinson, which one would be a good deal.

March 31, 2019 at 1:15 pm #42586

Man .. I was very tempted for Ironman as well due to their sweet pricing package.. 3200 for one of those sets (yes negotiate they will reduce it, tell them u had a friend who got quoted that price) with fitting and alignment is very good… I personally do not have experience with those shocks but have been told by others they r not that great (others in pajero group, don’t know what they meant by great) ….so in the end I think it’s down to your choice …

I recently on the Pajero group got told about the cheapest entry level suspension .. again no clue about their performance or quality but was told they r bang for the buck

Homepage

They r not that expensive 1800 special price if u mention some guys name or something… if u need more details pm me and I can share this info …

I do not know technically enough to give break down between each suspension company and model.. I have EMU.. I would have liked them to be a bit softer ( that’s the sweet spot dobinsons I am told sits in) but overall I like the way they work on Pajero .. have done a few drives with them and touchwood they r holding up well…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.