Toyota Landcruiser Prado 2008 Review.

• Author

The robust appearance and muscular lines of Prado reflects the nature of this serious four-wheel drive. With its separate chassis for greater strength, Prado is equally at home on the highway or off the beaten track. Prado’s clean and bold style combines full flowing, three-dimensional lines and a contemporary attitude with sweeping headlights integrated into the lines of the bonnet to create a unified, distinguished appearance.

Prado is a genuine off-road 4WD, which feels like a prestige passenger car. Enjoy comfortable seating for eight with a 60:40 split second row, power windows and mirrors, the convenience of auto headlights off and a single in-dash CD player as standard.

Prado gives you the safety of Toyota’s Safe-T-Cell along with a two-stage driver’s SRS airbag and safe seating for all occupants. Three-point seat belts and headrests are standard in all three rows to maximize occupant protection while a large windscreen and side windows provide clear visibility for added pedestrian safety.

* 17″ styled steel wheels
    * Front and rear mud-flaps
    * Power windows
    * Power steering
    * Single stack CD player with AM/FM and 6 speakers
    * Tilt adjustable steering wheel
    * Front bucket seats
    * 3 seater for 3rd row seats
    * 6 cup holders
    * Power accessory socket
    * Driver and front passenger pre-tensioner and force-limiter seat belts
    * Remote central locking
    * Engine immobilizer
    * Front driver and passenger SRS airbags
    * Toyota Safe-T-Cell
    * Global Outstanding Assessment body (GOA)

Available in six different configurations here in U.A.E. in either the 3 door/ five seater version or Five door/ seven-eight seater versions, basic engine specs being…

* For the 2.7 litre/ 4 cylinder, petrol version.
    * Engine – 2.7 litre, 2694cc, 4 cylinder in – line,16 valve,VVT-i
    * Power – 175hp/4800 rpm
    * Torque – 26.0kg – m/4000 rpm
    * Gross Weight (approx) – 2600 kgs
    * Kerb Weight (approx) – 1920 kgs
    * For the 4.0 litre/ V6 cylinder, petrol version.
    * Engine – 4.0 litre, 3956cc, V6 cylinder, 24 valve,
    VVT-i, Unleaded with Catalytic Convertor
    * Power – 262/5200 rpm
    * Torque – 40.3kg – m/ 3800rpm
    * Gross Weight (approx) – 2600 kgs
    * Kerb Weight (approx) – 1950 kgs

There is a 3 litre diesel available too, but I have’nt had the opportunity to see it/ drive it as yet.

April 30, 2008 at 6:24 pm #3717

Quite a nice review.

May 16, 2008 at 6:13 pm #3889

If you cut and paste from the internet here, mention source and author of the article as a basic courtesy and etiquette.

All articles in this section are similar copied stuff. :drive:

May 17, 2008 at 8:06 am #3892

That’s right,
    The objective is to build up a one point source of knowledge for members,
    will quote acknowledgements in the future,
    Thanks.

May 17, 2008 at 8:48 am #3894
    quote jojo:

If you cut and paste from the internet here, mention source and author of the article as a basic courtesy and etiquette.

All articles in this section are similar copied stuff. :drive:

the basic courtesy and etiquette also includes saying thanks to whoever gives you some uselful information .. even if it is copied and pasted.

thanks.

May 26, 2008 at 8:06 pm #4112

Copying without acknowledgement is same as cheating I guess. better be careful. Cyber copyright laws are getting very tough now.

May 27, 2008 at 8:02 am #4120

Please do not repeat yourself un-neccessarily.
    I am aware of my legal obligations and rights,
    Thanks.

May 27, 2008 at 7:55 pm #4128
    quote jojo:

Copying without acknowledgement is same as cheating I guess. better be careful. Cyber copyright laws are getting very tough now.

you know what .. all the articles here are not copied and pasted .. they are also edited .. do not talk when you dont know stuff .. little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge.

May 28, 2008 at 3:40 am #4129
    quote Hamza:

quote jojo:

.. little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge.

:good: 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.