Deflator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I couldn’t find the screwdriver type anywhere in the tyre market in Sharjah… one of those innovative, creative guys decides to make me a deflator…

I vaguely remember seeing this sort of thing elsewhere, but with a flat head screw driver attached to the tip.
    Nonetheless, I now have a Tyre Valve Core Screw Driver… or deflator as I like to call it.

Attachments:

December 23, 2008 at 3:12 am #9043

Nice.. did it work perfectly ? Any glitches ?

December 23, 2008 at 4:16 am #9047

Million iranian tyre shops uses the same across satwa to sharjah 😉 .

It will work fine.

December 23, 2008 at 4:36 am #9049

n few from meo uses the same.. 🙂

im using d same stuff more dan a year.. its fine…

December 23, 2008 at 4:51 am #9050

innovative.

where can i have someone manufacture the same to me?

December 23, 2008 at 5:49 am #9052

i got one of those and they work beautifully.

December 23, 2008 at 6:10 am #9053
    quote mhmdyamout:

innovative.
    where can i have someone manufacture the same to me?

It works fine – no issues.

It’s actually a valve cap – just like the normal rubber caps that you screw on, but this one has a valve core tool on the top and is made of metal. He thought it better to screw it on a valve stem (that’s the black handle), ‘cos otherwise it’d get swiped or fall off (and ‘cos he can charge me 5dh more for it with a handle).

Though at AED25/ea, I think I paid at least 10 extra – but after spending 10 on petrol, running around the industrial area in shj, during rush hour (after work, on way home) – I just took it, no questions asked.

He said he can arrange more if I want.

I suggest that we put up a list for anyone who wants one, and I’ll pick it up (or if someone lives closer, I can pass the location).

1. Yamout

December 23, 2008 at 6:13 am #9054

count me out, i cant afford them.

plus im not too good with innovative technology, these will ust confuse me..

December 23, 2008 at 6:25 am #9055

as we all know humans everyday they improve things, this kind of deflators was used since the freaking 70’s maaaaaaaaaaaan not new at all

the latest deflators are these

some of these they even deflate when u attach them to the tyre valve

December 23, 2008 at 6:29 am #9056

:thanks:

Ziad,

You learned well my dear friend.

It has been an honour.

December 23, 2008 at 6:31 am #9057
    quote mhmdyamout:

:thanks:

Ziad,

You learned well my dear friend.

It has been an honour.

Master Yamizaki , thnk u for making me this bowerfull

December 23, 2008 at 6:36 am #9058

Unfortunately, the issue here is availability – not price or technology.

As I learnt yesterday, when the seller knows there is no availability, he charges whatever price he can. I found guys who were willing to sell their used screwdriver-style valve tool for AED100… of course, there’s no way I’d pay even half that for such a basic tool.

If it were staun deflators (you can specify the psi to deflate to and attach to valve, it deflates automatically), I’d pay more… but I don’t need them (yet) – so will do with low tech.

So Brother Yamout is out – if anyone wants one, let me know.

December 23, 2008 at 6:42 am #9059

100DHs for what?? i got my deflators for 10Dhs from shops beside nizwa, and the other deflators upgraded version i got for 70Dhs and they worth every single Freakin Dhs, another lesson i learn from Master Yamikazi, “when it comes to offroading dont buy cheap stuff, they’ll fail u when u need it the most” boooooooooooooooing

December 23, 2008 at 6:44 am #9060

@-)

sahmed, i have an award for you.

December 23, 2008 at 6:46 am #9061

I have been using the valve type deflators for possibly ten years now, one just has to be careful not to drop the valve-pin when deflating.

I never paid a fil for them, these are essentially old discarded valves, that are of no use to anybody except tyre wallas & off-roaders…

There is one discarded every time there’s a tire change.

Just go to any tyre shop…you will definitely find a few lying around especially near the machine, where they take the tyre off the Rim, just ask nicely & nonchalantly & more often than not…you could have them for free.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.