DESERT SOPHISTICATION – KIA MOHAVE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Kia Motor Corporation’s all-new midsize Mohave SUV takes the company into a whole new sector of the global vehicle market, offering consumers seven-seater capability and V8 power for the first time in a Kia SUV.

The most powerful Kia vehicle to date, the 340 ps V8 Kia Mohave is named after the famous desert in California and conjures up images of rugged toughness, calm stillness and extremes of temperature.

The new Kia Mohave is designed to appeal to buyers of traditional SUV vehicles while offering them greater sophistication with mid-size class-best space, ride, performance, fuel economy and towing ability – up to 7,500 lb.

The new Mohave is longer, wider and taller and developed on a brand-new platform with a 2895 mm wheelbase ladderframe chassis.

Consequently, the new seven-seater is 290 mm longer, 30 mm wider and 5 mm taller than Sorento and features a wheelbase extended by 185 mm to ensure that two adults can be comfortably accommodated on the third row seats. Following modern design trends, the track is increased by 50 mm (20 mm more than the body), pushing the wheels towards the vehicle’s outer extremity for a bold and secure road stance.

Short overhangs (875 mm front and 1110 mm rear) are a bonus for off-road driving, as are the competitive approach and departure angles of 27.3 (front) and 22.5 (rear) degrees respectively.

The seven-seater interior offers generous head, leg and shoulder room in all three seating rows, plus versatile people/ cargo carrying combinations with a 50/50% split third row seat and 60/40% split second row seat, and luggage capacity that ranges from 350 litres (all seats upright) to a maximum of 2765 litres with both the third and second row seats folded flat.

July 13, 2008 at 2:09 pm #5502

This looks interesting, at least on paper.
    Let me see if we can take one out into the desert for a test drive.

July 13, 2008 at 4:25 pm #5507
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Let me see if we can take one out into the desert for a test drive.

Shotgun!

July 13, 2008 at 4:59 pm #5514

Shotgun…. I prefer an RPG…. it’s a KIA ! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

July 13, 2008 at 5:03 pm #5516

allready did the contact, my frnd is the sales manager for KIA motors, i should get the answer by tommorow, i asked him for more than one car as the whole club is marshals!! ๐Ÿ™‚

July 14, 2008 at 4:21 am #5534
    quote zdoleh:

allready did the contact, my frnd is the sales manager for KIA motors, i should get the answer by tommorow, i asked him for more than one car as the whole club is marshals!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good initiative Ziad,
    my guess is this should be a serious off Roader, from the specs & looks of it it seems to be posing with the big boys there, let’s see how it shapes up…when it sees the track to Maliha between its wheels ๐Ÿ˜€

July 14, 2008 at 5:40 am #5536

The looks? i see poorer ground clearance than my liberty ๐Ÿ˜•

July 14, 2008 at 9:53 am #5542

Agree with Yamout, bad ground clearance. Being a Kia, poor reliability and quality. Would never think of buying one.

July 14, 2008 at 11:07 am #5547

Dear Brothers, this issue we have to delay a bit as all test drive cars are in showroom for clients to test, my frnd promised me 5 cars maybe in 2 weeks time for our team to try and give feedback, i think that they r planning to have some media involved in our test drive to get our feedback for some sort of car magazine. to highlight our event.

July 14, 2008 at 12:20 pm #5548

They do not make cars for our applications…
    Did you see the clearance on the L/C???
    Except perhaps the Patrol, the Wrangler, the fortuner, x-Trail & maybe the Prado…cars are these days designed for the posers…who want to go to MOE in the Bajero…
    This will be good, if we can work something out with JAM group, for testing/ launch whatever…
    It will be our pleasure ๐Ÿ˜€
    Does anyone remember the smile on Albert’s face when he took a ten metre leap in the Brand new VXR :bounce:
    Just doing it for the photographer, too…

July 14, 2008 at 12:46 pm #5549
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Except perhaps the Patrol, the Wrangler, the fortuner, x-Trail & maybe the Prado…cars are these days designed for the posers…who want to go to MOE in the Bajero…
    This will be good, if we can work something out with JAM group, for testing/ launch whatever…
    Does anyone remember the smile on Albert’s face when he took a ten metre leap in the Brand new VXR :bounce:

yea … u r rite Ahmed Bhai … always ๐Ÿ™‚

July 14, 2008 at 12:52 pm #5550
    quote zdoleh:

Dear Brothers, this issue we have to delay a bit as all test drive cars are in showroom for clients to test, my frnd promised me 5 cars maybe in 2 weeks time for our team to try and give feedback, i think that they r planning to have some media involved in our test drive to get our feedback for some sort of car magazine. to highlight our event.

that’s cool if this works out !!!!

well done !

July 14, 2008 at 12:53 pm #5551
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Pathfinder… sob sob… u forgot my Gertrude…

July 14, 2008 at 2:50 pm #5554
    quote josephleebrown:

quote zdoleh:

that’s cool if this works out !!!!

well done !

yup…that is cool…we’ll get to rape new cars :bleh:

and if there is going to be media present…how about we get a couple of meo tee printed :victory:

July 14, 2008 at 2:59 pm #5557
    quote josephleebrown:

quote Ahmed Pervez:

Pathfinder… sob sob… u forgot my Gertrude…

OOps…sorry…I did…
    do you not remember taking the mudflaps off Alex’s car??
    such a capable car…ruined for the sake of vanity…tchhhh tchhhh….
    what were the designers thinking? :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.