DESERT SOPHISTICATION – KIA MOHAVE

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

quote josephleebrown:

quote Ahmed Pervez:

They do not make cars for our applications…
    Did you see the clearance on the L/C???
    Except perhaps the Patrol, the Wrangler, the fortuner, x-Trail & maybe the Prado…cars are these days designed for the posers…who want to go to MOE in the Bajero…
    This will be good, if we can work something out with JAM group, for testing/ launch whatever…
    It will be our pleasure 😀
    Does anyone remember the smile on Albert’s face when he took a ten metre leap in the Brand new VXR :bounce:
    Just doing it for the photographer, too…

Pathfinder… sob sob… u forgot my Gertrude…

OOps…sorry…I did…
    do you not remember taking the mudflaps off Alex’s car??
    such a capable car…ruined for the sake of vanity…tchhhh tchhhh….
    what were the designers thinking? :unsure:

exactly…. hence why even on the older Pathfinder I have I took off the running boards and all mudflaps…

and anyone seen or heard of Alex ?

July 14, 2008 at 3:19 pm #5560
    quote devilsmind:

quote josephleebrown:

quote zdoleh:

Dear Brothers, this issue we have to delay a bit as all test drive cars are in showroom for clients to test, my frnd promised me 5 cars maybe in 2 weeks time for our team to try and give feedback, i think that they r planning to have some media involved in our test drive to get our feedback for some sort of car magazine. to highlight our event.

that’s cool if this works out !!!!

well done !

yup…that is cool…we’ll get to rape new cars :bleh:

and if there is going to be media present…how about we get a couple of meo tee printed :victory:

No, we will drive to the edge of the car’s limit in a respectfull and serious fashion… I would never think of seeing what would happen to the suspension by seeing what it was like to jump of a small little dune…. I never rape or destroy cars.. ever.. honest…

And MEO T shirts…. hmmm… funny u say that…. remarks the Brand Identity Creative Person. :yes:

July 14, 2008 at 3:41 pm #5561
    quote josephleebrown:

No, we will drive to the edge of the car’s limit in a respectfull and serious fashion… I would never think of seeing what would happen to the suspension by seeing what it was like to jump of a small little dune…. I never rape or destroy cars.. ever.. honest…

that would be the definition of rape said in proper english…

quote josephleebrown:

And MEO T shirts…. hmmm… funny u say that…. remarks the Brand Identity Creative Person. :yes:

well…even as a freelancer…being in advertising leaves its mark…and with this idea that i said out loud…i have made my place in one of the five cars :bleh: :laugh:

July 14, 2008 at 3:55 pm #5562

and as we all know… I never break cars…

and yep.. once a creative, it never leaves ur blood…..scary isn’t it !!

August 7, 2008 at 5:45 pm #6920

Kia Mohave

Engine: 3778cc, 6cyl, 271BHP @ 6000, 267lb ft @ 4400
    Transmission: Automatic
    Performance: 8.5sec 0-100kph, 190kph
    Fraser Martin
    05 July 2008

There was a time – and it wasn’t so long ago – when petrolheads would not go near a Korean car with a pointed stick. That’s changing, especially if the new Kia Mohave, a seven seat off-roader set for deliveries later this month, is anything to go by.

The 3.8 litre V6-engined Kia sports a separate chassis. Later in the production cycle, a V8 engine option will be available.

There isn’t anything particularly new in the Mohave – everything here has been seen before – but there is a lot of kit. From reclining second row seats to SatNav, adjustable suspension (at the rear only) to Hill ascent and descent and high intensity LED lights.

The V6 is willing enough and will cruise comfortably at 140kph on the road at under 2750rpm in the overdriven fifth gear of the tiptronic-style autobox.
    With a twist of the dash mounted knob, the drive is easily shifted from 100 per cent rear to a 50/50 split for off-road work. The ESP button is readily visible along with the intuitive controls.

Off-road, on what was not the severest of tests, the car did well and like any of these machines, will reward careful and gentle actions at the controls. With the ESP switched off and the standard locking differential in play, sand and loose gravel present no real difficulties. Independent front and rear suspension soaks up all but the severest bumps and ‘smart’ electronics in the system minimise roll-over risk.

The new Mohave is a thoroughly competent car with no particular surprises in evidence. What will be interesting is how popular it is likely to be when prices are announced later in the month: as with all Korean products now available, you get high quality finish, loads of toys, great warranty and back up and comparatively low entry costs. The Prado and Pajero boys had better look out!

The article appears online too…
    http://www.carmiddleeast.com/index.php/main/getDetails/5/6/1/

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.