Things I Didn’t Know About: 2008 Pajero

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    quote cansur28:

yeh more powerful than fj on the books wht happens to it when it has to perform ????? same thing with xterra on the books 290 hp ??

Well… there are people who drive corollas over dunes… so I don’t think it’s about the car.. it’s about the driver.

If you put the same driver in a Pajero, an Xterra and an FJ, I think he will do better in an FJ, mostly ‘cos the FJ compromises in other places such as size and weight that help it.

January 7, 2012 at 5:58 am #15246
    quote Sahmed:

quote cansur28:

yeh more powerful than fj on the books wht happens to it when it has to perform ????? same thing with xterra on the books 290 hp ??

Well… there are people who drive corollas over dunes… so I don’t think it’s about the car.. it’s about the driver.

If you put the same driver in a Pajero, an Xterra and an FJ, I think he will do better in an FJ, mostly ‘cos the FJ compromises in other places such as size and weight that help it.

Hi Shaan good to see you back here…after a long time…where have you CWR guys been…would be even better to see you on the morning drives as we have re-started the morning drives, too.

January 7, 2012 at 9:26 am #15248

Will see you soon inshaAllah.

January 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm #15255

Hi Sahmed,

Thanks for your info. I went today to a garage in Al Qusais recommended by Saleem Khan to put steel plate inside for the rear bumper but the garage guy yemeni said he is too busy and cannot do it. He asked me to check with other garages in that area. When i checked with other garages, they are not able to understand the requirement and requested me for photograps.. Have you done this in your pajero car.

If so could you pls be kind enough to send some or put some pictures for me to understand how it looks.

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
    Humayun Shareef
    056 686 2453.

January 7, 2012 at 2:44 pm #15256
    quote Sahmed:

If it’s value for money you’re looking for… and you’re not into the South Koreans – then Mitsu is the only one for you.

Toyota is asking for waaaaay toooo much money for what they offer. Unfortunately, consumers think with their heart, not their head – that’s what branding is all about.

One thing I’d like to point out – on the dunes, driving a Pajero is nothing like driving an FJ or Wrangler – for this one, you actually need to develop some skill, as opposed to the ‘point & shoot’ for the others.

The only downside on the Pajero 3.8L are the R18 rims – not enough sidewall. This isn’t a problem for traction – its a 265 wide tyre – but if you dig in, you won’t have the sidewall to help you climb out. Plus there’s that ‘ice cream scoop’ rear bumper. I suggest you cable tie that to the bumper itself from the inside.

🙂 I like the point and shoot comparison 🙂 brilliant
    Man, it’s all about having fun. Pajero power to weight ratio is one of the lowest, plus bumpers are not really freindly for desert driving… But if some see that as a positive challenge for driving skills, then this is fine… But comparing it with the Toyota, Nissan, or even Jeep, … I just thing that it is out of the league 🙂 sorry bro… I really like your article.. But I needed to defend my wrangler just for fun 🙂 you know… It’s a jeep thing… 😉 but wait… Does it really need to be defended … Noooo.. But still…

On the other hand, I ve seen some pajero drivers on the toughest terrains… It was clearly skills + tires… So totally agree with you mate… But a very good driver, could handle a pajero extreemly well anywhere. However, give this driver a more powerful and lighter car, and he will start having fun 🙂

January 8, 2012 at 7:35 am #15264

Hmmm…the incorrigible Wrangler Lovers…it is actually a matter of personal preference…all these vehicles are very capable in the right hands…
    I have seen Shaan (Sahmed ) and a few others do with Pajero what many may struggle to do even with a wrangler and yes…Shaan also knows how to fix Pajero bumpers…post drive!!!
    At the end it is essentially the skill of the driver and how well he/she is able to deploy their machines understanding their vehicle’s strength and weaknesses!!!

January 8, 2012 at 9:43 am #15269

——————————————————————————–
    Report this postReply with quote Re: Things I Didn’t Know About: 2008 Pajero
    by Sahmed » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:42 am

Roshan wrote:
    The commercial ones are underpowerd …and one of the worst salesmen for UAE !! They’re so dumb.

If you’re dune bashing – get the 3.8L – it has more power and torque than the FJ The salesmen are idiots… the product sells itself… they know little or nothing about anything…

Sorry Bro I am not agree here 3.8 Pajero neither has more HP nor more torque than FJ Cruiser. And ofcourse FJ’s power and weight ratio lead it to the winner. 😉

Pajero 3.8 V6 – 1950 – 2155 KG, Power 250 HP, Torque 329 NM
    FJ Cruiser 4 V6 – 1952 KG, Power 258 HP, Torque 366 NM

Anonymous
    September 11, 2020 at 8:49 am #44116

A small bump of an old post after reading the starterpost (great info!)

For the desert drives, I always disconnected the ASC/ATC cable at the front left wheelhouse. But did 8 understood it correctly that by just disabling ASC using the button under the steering wheel is enough to disable the not-needed safety systems of the pajero?

That makes it so much easier 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.