Equipment Needed at different Star Levels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

With every promotion comes new roles and responsibility to yourself and others. As you progress through the different star levels the below items is the minimum necessary equipment needed at each level. I have noticed on recent drives that people have been lacking in having equipment at hand. Please make every effort to acquire the below items for your level. If you have more then this is a bonus.

Basic Equipment one needs to carry for offroading :

Beginner/ Newbie/ No Star Driver
    1. Compatible offroad vehicle with snatch/recovery hooks at both front and rear.
    2. Compatible Radio
    3. Tyre Pressure Gauge
    4. Tyre Deflator
    5. Flag pole including flag

Learner/ Fewbie/ One Star Driver
    1. All of the above
    2. Rated snatch strap (kinetic type)
    3. 2 Rated Shackles preferably soft shackles
    4. Shovel
    5. Air compressor

Advance Learner/ Intermediate/ Two Star Driver
    1. All of the above.
    2. GPS Navigation system
    3. 3 Ton Hydraulic Jack
    4. Base Plate for the jack.
    5. First Aid kit
    6. Fire extinguisher.

Advance Driver/ 3 Star Driver
    1. All of the above
    2. Good offroad GPS and knowledge of its use
    3. Tools kit and repair kit
    4. Spare vehicle fluids and critical mechanical / electrical components
    5. Zip Ties

Marshalls:
    All of the above plus everything else you know you need.

Hope this helps :thanks:

June 14, 2015 at 4:28 pm #33247

Kindly, advise me where can i buy and install flag?

June 14, 2015 at 6:40 pm #33249
    quote BAIKE:

dear denis
    this point have been discussed earlier on the site. there is a very efficient search functionality at the top right corner of the page. if you type in the key words there you would get the full details with various options for your inquire
    I will shear some info from our members, hope you find the answers below.

quote:
    from – erik
    You can try Dragon Mart (they also have suction cups for window mounting), Yellow Hat or Ace. Icon Auto also has both flags and different mounting brackets.

from- fadi
    You will find a flagpole with flag at Dragon Mart Shop number EBE06 for 10 AED.
    The shop opposit to EBE06 has Suction Cups for 25AED.

regards
    abdalla

June 14, 2015 at 7:19 pm #33250

Thanks Duncan. Topic made into a “sticky” and put up as a page with links on the drives forums.

Anonymous
    June 14, 2015 at 7:42 pm #33252

Hi Duncan….

I would suggest the flag pole to be a necessary item from Newbee level… First time drivers with the club can be excused… but from then a flag pole should be mandatory. Just my 2 cents.

Also, promotions should be done once the member has the required tools in addition to their driving …. (I know members will hate me for this :ymdevil: ) but I have experienced it…. There is nothing better than having your own tools… It will help you even on the streets or to help strangers…

June 15, 2015 at 4:17 am #33253

Thanks Duli, has been edited accordingly regarding the flag

June 15, 2015 at 5:47 am #33254
    quote badboy:

quote BAIKE:

dear denis
    this point have been discussed earlier on the site. there is a very efficient search functionality at the top right corner of the page. if you type in the key words there you would get the full details with various options for your inquire
    I will shear some info from our members, hope you find the answers below.

quote:
    from – erik
    You can try Dragon Mart (they also have suction cups for window mounting), Yellow Hat or Ace. Icon Auto also has both flags and different mounting brackets.

from- fadi
    You will find a flagpole with flag at Dragon Mart Shop number EBE06 for 10 AED.
    The shop opposit to EBE06 has Suction Cups for 25AED.

regards
    abdalla

I bought already flag in DM, but it without flag mount. And now i can’t install it. Therefore i asked about it here.

And No need to teach me what i have to do.

June 15, 2015 at 7:28 am #33255

You ask a question, and when you get the answer, you say “don’t teach me”?
    Which other bug bit you besides sand bug? ๐Ÿ˜€

June 15, 2015 at 8:10 am #33257

all the equiments upgraded till the intermediate level as of now

January 6, 2016 at 11:03 am #34614

Hi Chaps.

As I like to look at least 2 dunes ahead :drive:, and sometimes I go with unexperienced Friends in the desert 8-| I would like to get an Hydraulic Jack

What do you suggest?
    On rocks and mud I am used to this type of jack: http://www.maharashtradirectory.com/testimonials/old/V-Tech-Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack.jpg

But I’ve seen some people here carries an high lift jack.

What’s best and why?

January 6, 2016 at 12:31 pm #34616

May I ask if you have a good suggestion for a Base Plate for the jack. I have a nice jack and I have been trying to find a base plate without success for a while.

Already checked some carpenter shops without success.. I will appreciate if you have a suggested place.

January 6, 2016 at 12:48 pm #34617
    quote Burak Borhan:

May I ask if you have a good suggestion for a Base Plate for the jack. I have a nice jack and I have been trying to find a base plate without success for a while.

Already checked some carpenter shops without success.. I will appreciate if you have a suggested place.

Burak, I would suggest to continuing searching the carpenter shops in Al Quoz for example (or elsewhere if closer to your house). Ask them for a cut-off piece of wood at least 2 feet in lenth and its dimensions should be 2 inches by 12 inches. It should also be a solid kind of would like Oak, Cherry, or laminate. They should easily have this stuff in their scraps if it is a big enough shop.

I picked mine up at: http://www.alonqood.com/

Good luck!

January 6, 2016 at 3:02 pm #34619

or simply drop by ace hardware check the plywood they have!
    get the thickest one available and have them cut it into three equal parts which then you would glue/screw together! and ur done….
    i would rather have fun with such a project than buy a ready made board ๐Ÿ˜‰

just a thought !

IT HAS TO BE PLYWOOD THOUGH AND NOT (MDF)

January 6, 2016 at 8:23 pm #34620

I think the high jack is the best but you need to have the full accessories please find attached link showing the required parts which you need to have when you buy the high jack in order to have the right binefit.

http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?pr=Hi-Lift_Jack

I did find a high jack in DM and it’s only for 200 AED and the bigger one for 350 AED but without accessories.

January 7, 2016 at 9:33 am #34628
    quote tambi.ishak:

I did find a high jack in DM and it’s only for 200 AED and the bigger one for 350 AED but without accessories.

Thanks!
    Where and what is DM? :-\

DM will always be Danger Mouse in my eyes! ๐Ÿ˜‰

But other than that, Dragon Mart. Happy Shopping!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.