AL FAQA’A – 2012’S LAST DRIVE [FRI-28 DEC.12]

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Trip report, al faqa.

All members gathered at the emarat petrol pump at 9:00 am before being led by sir to the al faqa mosque. The convoy was divided into intermediate and newbie++.

Abdullah then sprang a suprise on me, asking me to lead. 2nd lead was sultan, followed by puniamor, mahaan, shekhar, musbah and then abdullah and yousef.

Started off easy tracing a route to the heart of al faqa and then routed back to the adnoc petrol pump, so that the convoy could get a prayer break, no stucks along the way.

Regrouped to lead the drive again, with mahaan being replaced by rahul.

Had some trouble finding the way through the camel farms, and we got to see racing camels.

We did a bit more sidesloping until I got my first stuck jumping a crest, which was quickly pulled out by abdullah.

We were making good time, and then sir decided to show us a side stuck rescue and how to fix a poput.

After quickly winching him out and fixing the poput re-routed back to adnoc.

Enjoyed every minute of my first official lead in al faqa and look forward to many more.

December 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm #21162
    quote geraldpinto:

Enjoyed every minute of my first official lead in al faqa and look forward to many more.

Nice work Gerry :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

December 30, 2012 at 5:37 am #21167

Two groups of Camels 😉 [/quote]

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

December 30, 2012 at 6:25 am #21173

[/quote]

Thanks Tushar for the lovely pic. :thanks:

December 30, 2012 at 9:19 am #21177

Great Trip !!!
    AND I really like the report format Tushar!!!
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

December 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm #21186

Many thanks for the kind words Tushar – my driving has come on massively in the last 6 months, all thanks to DO and the other members / marshalls :thanks:

Al Faqa’a is a great area and good fun to lead around – hope to do more of it in the future! :drive:

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.