All level friday drive 4th sep 15

• Author

Day and date : Friday September 4th 2015
    Drive Type :newbie/fewbie intermediate
    Meeting Point : jungtion exit befor badayer 24.959395 55.701400 JUST COPY PASTE IN GOOGLE MAPS
    GPS User: N 24°57.382′ E 55 ° 42.039′
    Meeting Time : 03:30:00 pm 
    Drive Start: 03:45 pm
    Drive Route: Badayer to Pyramids, Sony Ericsson, Super bowl, iftar bowl #:-s
    Duration: 3 hours minimum
    Estimated finish point: madam shweab Rd or back to bedayer

Checklist:-
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry compressor with you and ensure its in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary offroad gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

August 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm #33668

Looking forward to the drive :drive: . Thanks Abdalla :thanks: :thanks:

:o) :ymparty: :ymhug: :yesss: :yesss:

August 31, 2015 at 9:55 am #33673

FINALLY I have a weekend to head out – been tooooooooooooooooo long , C y’all on Friday.

August 31, 2015 at 10:24 am #33675
    quote ZeeNuri:

FINALLY I have a weekend to head out – been tooooooooooooooooo long , C y’all on Friday.

Welcome back zee, c you soon

August 31, 2015 at 4:24 pm #33676

FYI Meeting point changed, just copy and paste the coordinate in Google map

September 1, 2015 at 5:18 am #33677

@ badboy there is a problem in location link for Google map. It shows somewhere in Ocean. Please have a check. Thanks.

September 1, 2015 at 5:57 am #33678
    quote Ankit:

@ badboy there is a problem in location link for Google map. It shows somewhere in Ocean. Please have a check. Thanks.

Done, it’s fixed
    Thanks

September 2, 2015 at 2:09 pm #33687

nice route, hope to see you there.

Anonymous
    September 3, 2015 at 9:10 am #33694

Where are all the Marshals??? Duncan, Faheem, Ahmed Bhai, Joe???? We will miss you guys

September 3, 2015 at 5:21 pm #33696

:thanks: I am in ISA

September 4, 2015 at 10:05 am #33697

Welcome oallamm

September 4, 2015 at 4:22 pm #33699

Thanks Mr.Ahmed, Mr. Ajay and all the marshals for the fun drive !
    :thanks: :drive:

September 5, 2015 at 6:54 am #33702

thanks everyone who joined in the newbie/fewbie convey. we appreciate your getting thru :ymapplause: the storm and poor visibility. Thanks Walter and Yohan for the sweep and recovery support.

look forward to see you again in the wild

September 5, 2015 at 11:49 am #33705

Yesterday’s drive had very interesting and testing conditions for all riders. The wind was blowing between 20-30 knots :-s with sand gusting all the way through it. @-) Simply standing in the storm to prep the vehicles was trying ( I learned a valuable lesson…never put lip balm on your lips and a piece of gum in your mouth before stepping into a sand storm….you end up with sand all over your lips and all in your mouth :(( ). Visibility was low at times. The blowing sand created a very loose and soft top layer. The newbie/fewbie convoy had its share of ups and downs. The very soft sand had its way with a couple vehicles as we had several recoveries and many second tries 😀 . These created a few delays and here and there but also highlighted the fact of how tricky the desert sand and dunes can be. We had a late arrival transfer from the intermediate convoy as he was handed off to us about 30 minutes into the drive. (Note: It is important for all drivers to ensure that they are in the appropriate convoy for their level!!) Once we all got back on track and continued on we had a nice route from our Marshals that flowed nicely snaking up and down and all around. We ended our drive around a military camp just as the darkness settled. All in all it was a great ride with everyone finishing safely! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

A couple of safety notes: a few cars did not have flags and one car did not have a radio. We all know that these are important pieces of safety equipment and we saw some challenges yesterday because of this. Please be sure to get these fitted as soon as possible…for your safety and others!! :thanks: :thanks:

A big thanks to our Marshals Ajay and Ahmed who showed us a great ride :thanks: as well as Walter and Yohan :thanks: for the much needed convoy support. I had the privledge to work with the Rangers/Sweepers on convoy support and it was nice to be able to finally get some scratches on my shackles and some stretches in my tow rope! Thank you Ahmed for this opportunity. :thanks:

I am sure most of you are still cleaning sand from all the various parts of your vehicle, equipment, clothes, body, etc….or you are just leaving it there for next week’s drive =))

Stay safe and have a great week until our next ride!! 😉

Matt

September 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm #33706

Thanks for the report Matthew… always a pleasure to read how the trip went. 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.