Friday 9th January – Sweihan

• Author

Day and date: Friday 9th January 2015 – Sweihan

Drive Type: Intermediate and upwards depending on convoy performance :ymdevil:

Meeting Point:

Google Maps – 24.401754, 55.376311
    GPS – N24° 23.943′ E55° 22.559′

Meeting Time: 13.00pm

Drive Start: 13.15pm sharp

Drive Route &Terrain: Huge sand dunes and bowls. =p~

Duration: 4 hours (before sundown)

Sweihan to Truck Road:

A very unique drive in soft sand with massive dunes and bowls and knife like ridges. This is an intermediate/advanced drive and the convoy will be limited to 8 cars.

:drive:

Checklist:-

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
    g) Off-road Insurance

Please read the below points at the top of the page and register for the drive:-

Equipment that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules of the trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

January 4, 2015 at 10:54 am #31684

These are the coordinates for Sweihan Mosque for Friday prayer – 24.468734, 55.341160.

There is an ADNOC next to it. Please refuel before prayer as we are meeting straight afterwards very near to this for the short drive to the deflation point. :thanks:

January 5, 2015 at 4:44 am #31685
    quote DuncanField:

These are the coordinates for Sweihan Mosque for Friday prayer – 24.468734, 55.341160.

There is an ADNOC next to it. Please refuel before prayer as we are meeting straight afterwards very near to this for the short drive to the deflation point. :thanks:

:y :ymapplause:

January 5, 2015 at 4:20 pm #31686

I hope my car is ready before this drive

Dont want to misss it! 😐

January 6, 2015 at 4:18 am #31687
    quote yohanbaria:

I hope my car is ready before this drive

Dont want to misss it! 😐

Would be good as always to have you along for the :drive:

Best check with them as only one place left before I lock registrations. 😕

January 6, 2015 at 12:56 pm #31688

Joe

Hope u managed to fix your car :drive:

January 6, 2015 at 1:02 pm #31689

Car will only be ready by next week, oil leaks from engine and transmission. Engine timing belt also needs to be changed :-w

Have a fun drive!

January 7, 2015 at 5:01 am #31690

You can hop into my car if you like to join us for the :drive:

January 7, 2015 at 8:15 am #31692

Ok guys, as we have reached convoy limit the topic is now locked and no more registrations are possible unless of course you are a Marshall 😀

Meeting coordinates are posted in the drive topic.

See you all Friday. This is going to be an amazing drive but if you are unable to make it please do let me know in advance so that your convoy position can be offered out to other members.

And on that note please email me if those not registered would like to join in case a space becomes open. :((

Also, for those registered, the ADNOC next to the mosque does not carry refreshments so plan in advance and stop in al faquaa or al hayer services.

The meeting location is 1.5hrs from Dubai for planning purposes.

January 7, 2015 at 10:41 am #31693
    quote DuncanField:

Ok guys, as we have reached convoy limit the topic is now locked and no more registrations are possible unless of course you are a Marshall 😀

Meeting coordinates are posted in the drive topic.

See you all Friday. This is going to be an amazing drive but if you are unable to make it please do let me know in advance so that your convoy position can be offered out to other members.

And on that note please email me if those not registered would like to join in case a space becomes open. :((

Also, for those registered, the ADNOC next to the mosque does not carry refreshments so plan in advance and stop in al faquaa or al hayer services.

The meeting location is 1.5hrs from Dubai for planning purposes.

This looks like it’s going to be a magnificent drive. I am so tempted to join but since my car just returned from the Doctor, I don’t wanna risk it at the cost of spoiling the fun for the rest of the convoy. Have fun guys and be safe 😀

January 7, 2015 at 11:11 am #31694

This looks like it’s going to be a magnificent drive. I am so tempted to join but since my car just returned from the Doctor, I don’t wanna risk it at the cost of spoiling the fun for the rest of the convoy. Have fun guys and be safe :D[/quote]

If the doctor has healed your baby then its time to test her. Only marshalls have the privileges to register now =)) so feel free if you change your mind.

January 8, 2015 at 5:30 am #31695
    quote DuncanField:

This looks like it’s going to be a magnificent drive. I am so tempted to join but since my car just returned from the Doctor, I don’t wanna risk it at the cost of spoiling the fun for the rest of the convoy. Have fun guys and be safe 😀

If the doctor has healed your baby then its time to test her. Only marshalls have the privileges to register now =)) so feel free if you change your mind.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer and support Duncan :drive: . I will probably go somewhere close for a test drive like Khatam/Tawi or maybe even GNFD due to the easy nature of the drive. You guys have fun 🙂 .

• The topic ‘Friday 9th January – Sweihan’ is closed to new replies.