Friday MORNING Drive – FewBee + Nov-07-2014

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    quote razik:

quote Knightrider:

Morning drive is perfect, 😀

count me in for now but it all depends on – who will be the lead & more important the sweep Marshal? 😕

Ritesh,

Marshals at DO have roughly 60 years of offroading experience between them…so worry not, you are in safe hands 😉

Just enjoy the drive :yesss:

Razik,

is this a group attack?
    what did i say? that i might not want to go on a drive with a Marshal. & you guys have started to give me lecture about DO history.

i know that everyone will be in safe hands with DO.

so guys just chill. 😀 & enjoy the drive on sand.

November 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm #31276
    quote Knightrider:

quote razik:

quote Knightrider:

Morning drive is perfect, 😀

count me in for now but it all depends on – who will be the lead & more important the sweep Marshal? 😕

Ritesh,

Marshals at DO have roughly 60 years of offroading experience between them…so worry not, you are in safe hands 😉

Just enjoy the drive :yesss:

Razik,

is this a group attack?
    what did i say? that i might not want to go on a drive with a Marshal. & you guys have started to give me lecture about DO history.

i know that everyone will be in safe hands with DO.

so guys just chill. 😀 & enjoy the drive on sand.

From your erstwhile comments presume that you have enjoyed your previous Drives with DO…and also Trust that your previous drives were not entirely on Tarmac…hence all of us failed to comprehend your deliberation in your initial post
    Also kindly do not misread the reactions from the team its natural to clarify facts on time that needs to be on time…And lecture on the history can only be done where it exists… 

So just chill and enjoy the drives…
    Drive safe..just for Fun..

November 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm #31277
    quote asharafkc:

From your erstwhile comments presume that you have enjoyed your previous Drives with DO…and also Trust that your previous drives were not entirely on Tarmac…hence all of us failed to comprehend your deliberation in your initial post
    Also kindly do not misread the reactions from the team its natural to clarify facts on time that needs to be on time…And lecture on the history can only be done where it exists… 

TARMAC & HISTORY. go hand in hand .. hahahaha –

HISTORY!!!… ask them to lecture on the historic TARMAC drive. :drive: the drive where no one had a voice & there was complete radio silence. X(

shhhhh dont speak… :ymdevil: :))

November 3, 2014 at 8:11 pm #31278

Ritesh seems like you really gonna have fun on this drive :)) :)) :)) . And share your experiences immediately with us and not after ages (tarmac, radio silence etc =)) as I am unable to recollect anything you mentioned. @-) @-) @-)

November 3, 2014 at 9:43 pm #31280
    quote Knightrider:

quote asharafkc:

TARMAC & HISTORY. go hand in hand .. hahahaha –

HISTORY!!!… ask them to lecture on the historic TARMAC drive. :drive: the drive where no one had a voice & there was complete radio silence. X(

shhhhh dont speak… :ymdevil: :))

Hi Ritesh,

Though you are 1 star in our club, we can understand that you have potential and enthusiasm which is a great thing.

We will be doing shortly drive in sweihan or wagan to hameem. I would love and happy to have a person like you in our convey.

Promise you wont see anything other than high dunes…

November 4, 2014 at 7:08 am #31281

Good to see you Duncan on the list 🙂 … 15 already lined up with two and half days to go… I think we should plan different levels of drives… Leave it to the best judges…

Also, if it is fine with all, we can push the meeting time to 6:30 am and start the drive no later than 7:00 am…

November 4, 2014 at 10:12 am #31282
    quote bkumar:

Good to see you Duncan on the list 🙂 … 15 already lined up with two and half days to go… I think we should plan different levels of drives… Leave it to the best judges…

Also, if it is fine with all, we can push the meeting time to 6:30 am and start the drive no later than 7:00 am…

Thanks Kumar :thanks: will be good to see you too.

The drive time is fixed now but there will surely be different levels of convoy.

November 5, 2014 at 11:32 am #31284

Great going Ashraf :-BD .. A fantastic line-up 🙂 .

A couple of friends wanted to join but are not yet rated. So instead we will be joining Sanjay’s afternoon drive.

Good luck and hope you have fun 🙂 .

November 5, 2014 at 11:56 am #31286

is the meeting point finalised?

November 5, 2014 at 4:39 pm #31288

Meeting Point coordinates are as below. (meeting time 7 AM 28th March 2014)

Garmin Standard Format
    N24.45.665 E55.06.667 format hddd.mm.mmm

Google Earth coordinates
    N 24°45’39.9”
    E 55° 06’40.0”

Route 1 : From Dubai : Take Al Qudra Road and drive towards International Endurance village/Bab Al Shams Desert resort. Don’t turn to babs Shams, and continue towards meeting point
    Route 2 :
    Through Emirates road (lengthy) : Drive till end of emirates road towards Abu Dhabi. Turn Left on the last round about and drive thru the truck road. You will see an ADNOC Petrol pump after few kilometres on your left. Keep driving slowly and will see a road going thru the underpass (perpendicular to the road where you are driving) . Exit to the road under the over bridge road towards left and few meters to the meeting point. (There is no official exit to enter into the road, but there is unpaved way on the over bridge)

November 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm #31290
    quote Saj:

Great going Ashraf :-BD .. A fantastic line-up 🙂 .

A couple of friends wanted to join but are not yet rated. So instead we will be joining Sanjay’s afternoon drive.

Good luck and hope you have fun 🙂 .

Many Thanks Saj for the wishes..
    Would love to take your friends too..the drive is kept this way for a particular level and above is only considering the route and terrain…trust you would appreciate the fact…
    See you soon In Sha Allah..

November 6, 2014 at 6:19 am #31292
    quote asharafkc:

Garmin Standard Format

Google Earth coordinates
    N 24°45’39.9”
    E 55° 06’40.0”

Route 1 : From Dubai : Take Al Qudra Road and drive towards International Endurance village/Bab Al Shams Desert resort. Don’t turn to babs Shams, and continue towards meeting point
    Route 2 :
    Through Emirates road (lengthy) : Drive till end of emirates road towards Abu Dhabi. Turn Left on the last round about and drive thru the truck road. You will see an ADNOC Petrol pump after few kilometres on your left. Keep driving slowly and will see a road going thru the underpass (perpendicular to the road where you are driving) . Exit to the road under the over bridge road towards left and few meters to the meeting point. (There is no official exit to enter into the road, but there is unpaved way on the over bridge)

As Ashraf says, 2 options. On Al Qudra, turn towards Bab Al Shams but then keep driving past the resort to reach the meeting point.

Personally I think Sheik Mohammed Bin Zayed (Old emirates) is quicker as you can drive 140kph. Just beware that there is no sign post for the final turn off, you have to turn off the truck road as you approach the meeting point and make your way under the underpass. This is also the only way with a gas station close to meeting location so be warned.

This location is going to be at least an hour for most of you and from experience, there is more than one individual who will not arrive on time. It is your responsibility to arrive on time and due to time restrictions for prayer etc and a long distance to cover, the convoy will leave on time/close to. Please make sure you plan accordingly or you may be left behind. :thanks:

November 6, 2014 at 5:27 pm #31294
    quote DuncanField:

quote asharafkc:

Garmin Standard Format

Google Earth coordinates
    N 24°45’39.9”
    E 55° 06’40.0”

Route 2 :

As Ashraf says, 2 options. On Al Qudra, turn towards Bab Al Shams but then keep driving past the resort to reach the meeting point.

Personally I think Sheik Mohammed Bin Zayed (Old emirates) is quicker as you can drive 140kph. Just beware that there is no sign post for the final turn off, you have to turn off the truck road as you approach the meeting point and make your way under the underpass. This is also the only way with a gas station close to meeting location so be warned.

This location is going to be at least an hour for most of you and from experience, there is more than one individual who will not arrive on time. It is your responsibility to arrive on time and due to time restrictions for prayer etc and a long distance to cover, the convoy will leave on time/close to. Please make sure you plan accordingly or you may be left behind. :thanks:

Many Thanks Duncan for emphasizing on the route and also most importantly on the timing…
    Friends ..please plan your start to reach on time…so no one should miss the Bus… 🙂

November 7, 2014 at 7:09 pm #31295

nice drive…i enjoyed thoroughly.. thanks Ashraf,Dunkan &others in the convoy.
    🙂

November 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm #31299

There were a great number of registrations for the early morning drive, but not as many turn outs. In total 12 cars started the drive in two convoys in the Bab Al shams area to embrace the cooler temperatures. The fewbies drive was lead by Asharaf and the intermediate by Duncan. :drive:
    The fewbies drive had Mumtaz as sweep and martin as second lead.
    The drive started very well and we quickly found out how soft the sand was! 😀 After a couple of stucks – at the same time – quickly followed by third – for only a short period – clearly a test by the Marshall to show we know what we are doing with the recovery gear 😉 we eventually managed to free all.
    After one vehicle having an issue with (I think) transmission fluid overheating we made our way to a “safe exit” location to part our ways.
    We picked up the pace, continued the drive through the soft sands with hardly any issues spotting a few gazelles enroute.
    We made our way through to the adnoc at Al Faqa to inflate.
    It was a great drive with a perfect sized convoy- Thanks very much again to Asharaf and the Dubai offroaders crew :thanks:
    Looking forward to the next one 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.