Learner’s Drive on Friday the 17th of May 2013.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Learners Drive on Friday the 17th of May ‘2013.

Day and date : Friday the 17th of May ‘2013
    Drive Route : Khatam to Al Faya
    Drive Type : Newbee + Learners
    Meeting Point : Khatam
    Meeting Point co-ordinates :
    Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd = N25.16668 E55.82608
    Lat/Lon hddd.mm.mmm = N25 10.001 E55 49.565
    Meeting Time : 1515Hrs.
    Drive Start: 1530Hrs.
    Drive Duration:Till sunset
    Drive Terrain: Tracks and Dunes

May 13, 2013 at 5:28 am #26583

See you on Friday ๐Ÿ˜€

May 13, 2013 at 11:11 am #26609

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

May 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm #26621

In!

See you on Friday!

:thanks:

May 14, 2013 at 5:53 am #26625

most probably i will in if i got direction

May 14, 2013 at 8:00 am #26628
    quote slatch:

most probably i will in if i got direction

Hi Slatch,

Copy and paste the coordinates on the opening post to Google maps .. ( http://www.maps.google.com )

May 14, 2013 at 6:06 pm #26632

See you on Friday! Thank you very much for organizing the drive :thanks: ๐Ÿ˜€

May 16, 2013 at 9:02 pm #26650

have commitment tomm…have a safe :drive: DO’s…

May 17, 2013 at 5:51 am #26651

sorry guys cannot make it today

May 17, 2013 at 6:06 am #26652

Paranoid now about finding locations think I have sussed which co-ordinates to put in our sat nav am I correct in thinking we are meeting at Sharjah-Kalba Rd/E 102 at a roundabout? Have put both sets of co-ordinates in google maps and they both show same thing and I think my sat nav matches. Sorry to be a pain but desperate to try out new car and angry we get lost. :drive:

May 17, 2013 at 7:05 am #26653

Yes, it would be small round about of the main road… Once your on the E102, just take the exit marked “Khatem”. Once you take the exit, you’ll see a smallish round about that leads of into the desert with a group of happy DO’ers just ahead of it…

May 17, 2013 at 6:36 pm #26655

Friday aternoon learner’s drive ๐Ÿ˜• Covering approx 30 kms is a testimony in itself as to how well everyone drove :yesss: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

:thanks: to all for great company and a wonderful :drive:

:thanks: Ahmed Sahib for organising & leading yet another successful :drive:

Although it was a hot afternoon but the drive turned out to be a cool one ๐Ÿ™‚

See you all next time!

May 18, 2013 at 4:06 am #26656

There was a group of intrepid explorers out on the prowl…on the sands of Al Faya, in spite of the weather playing truant with temperature already hovering around 40C.
    It was an excellent group who all drove very well with hardly any stucks or any other mishaps, and that was the reason that we were able to cover some 30ks…that too on a Learner’s Drive!!!
    :yesss:
    Starting at Al Khatam, we were at Al Faya just at 1700Hrs. and the group decided to strike out for Badayer…which we successfully accomplished just as the Muezzin was beginning the Azaan for the Maghrib prayers.
    Duncan as my second lead played the role to a ‘T’ giving me space to explore & correct my mistakes while making sure that the rest of the convoy was following.
    This drive saw Shawna’s growing confidence in tackling certain rather tricky obstacles including the drop at Devil’s plunge as well as the climb on the Pink Rocks, good work Shawna & Stewart!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    All the other drivers including David in his Armada, Hongbin in his Defender, Leo in his Fortuner, Rakesh in His Patrol, Sajid in his fortuner, Gabriel & Avinash all kept in line with the fast pace of the Drive.
    We had Ahmed Ali, one of our old friend & member join us at the Devil’s plunge for the drive too.
    It was due to excellent backup support of Razik and Reinhard and for providing constant Radio feedback that we all finished this drive in good spirits.
    :ymapplause:
    Thank you everybody!!!

May 18, 2013 at 6:47 am #26657
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

There was a group of intrepid explorers out on the prowl…on the sands of Al Faya, in spite of the weather playing truant with temperature already hovering around 40C.
    It was an excellent group who all drove very well with hardly any stucks or any other mishaps, and that was the reason that we were able to cover some 30ks…that too on a Learner’s Drive!!!
    :yesss:
    Starting at Al Khatam, we were at Al Faya just at 1700Hrs. and the group decided to strike out for Badayer…which we successfully accomplished just as the Muezzin was beginning the Azaan for the Maghrib prayers.
    Duncan as my second lead played the role to a ‘T’ giving me space to explore & correct my mistakes while making sure that the rest of the convoy was following.
    This drive saw Shawna’s growing confidence in tackling certain rather tricky obstacles including the drop at Devil’s plunge as well as the climb on the Pink Rocks, good work Shawna & Stewart!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    All the other drivers including David in his Armada, Hongbin in his Defender, Leo in his Fortuner, Rakesh in His Patrol, Sajid in his fortuner, Gabriel & Avinash all kept in line with the fast pace of the Drive.
    We had Ahmed Ali, one of our old friend & member join us at the Devil’s plunge for the drive too.
    It was due to excellent backup support of Razik and Reinhard and for providing constant Radio feedback that we all finished this drive in good spirits.
    :ymapplause:
    Thank you everybody!!!

Thank you Ahmed Sir,
    It was a very good drive, could see all the drivers full of confidence and yest it felt like a fast paced drive but very exciting.
    Managed to conquer the Pink Rocks after failing to do so just last week. Getting to know the car better now. ๐Ÿ™‚

May 18, 2013 at 11:03 am #26658

Wonderful write up by Marshal Ahmed… Can’t really say more than already has been said. It was a really nice drive, especially the entry from Khatem, which was quite a fun route. The high dunes in between also made for an interesting change in pace.

Till next week…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.