Newbee ++ Drive on 02/11/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    quote GKumar:

quote khshareef:

In my opinion, this shall be an important or useful tip to drive alone for learning quickly…

:thanks: 4 valuable opinion. But the idea is to learn the basics of “Safe Offroading”, not _ _ _ _ _ _ _

we are dubai offroaders and our club motto is “safe offroading”…whether driving alone or wt copassengers does not matter….hv a safe drive and fun…

November 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm #20001

Sam I will be joining you guys tom with one more new bee…

November 2, 2012 at 7:04 am #20004

Unfortunately my little boy is unwell, so it’s a day at welcare for me instead of the sands : (

November 2, 2012 at 7:16 am #20006
    quote Andy19:

Hi Fellas, a family commitment has led to me withdrawing from the intermediate drive tomorrow X( – i’ll be coming along with you guys after all. If you’ll have me! πŸ™‚

You are welcome Andy…. :ymhug: Included already in the convoy allotment… πŸ™‚

November 2, 2012 at 7:17 am #20007
    quote tanveermd:

Sam I will be joining you guys tom with one more new bee…

Hi Tanveer – please register for the drive by clicking “Register for the drive” button at the very first post… πŸ™‚

November 2, 2012 at 7:20 am #20008
    quote smallwalker:

Unfortunately my little boy is unwell, so it’s a day at welcare for me instead of the sands : (

Oh!! thats a sad news James πŸ™ Please take care of him and wishing him quick recovery!!! :YMPRAY:
    See you very soon at sands, probably next week :-BD

November 2, 2012 at 9:40 am #20011
    quote SamTheMan:

quote asharafkc:

Hey Sam, Is it OK to bring family for this trip..hows gonna be the route and ride…is it safe to bring family..

Hi Ashraf,

It’s OK bring your family. This will be nice and easy drive.

Thanks Sam, But I have been missing the drives for the past two weeks, official commitments..hope to join back he week after Nov-10th…U guys Have FUN..

November 2, 2012 at 4:33 pm #20013

Thanks a lot Sam for the drive today. It was awesome & really felt like a Few Bee drive with slide sloping & ridge cutting. I could feel the experience gained through Dubai offroaders being put into practice. Hope My Marshal also felt the same πŸ™‚ !!!

Also Thankyou Sam for giving the oppurtunity to the test the skills in Camel, it was awesome wherein we could play around for sometime. :drive:

Though we couldnt reach to Al Faya it was fine as we could take an excellent Dubai Offroaders group photo at the Camel Rock with the complete team today. Waiting to see the snap.

Thanks a lot Ali, Kumar(Sorry for you as you couldnt touch the pedal today) as you were giving inhouse tips. Thanks Chris for the Sweep.

Waiting for the next week drive :-ss :-ss

November 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm #20014
    quote samir_thaha:

Thanks a lot Ali, Kumar(Sorry for you as you couldnt touch the pedal today) as you were giving inhouse tips. Thanks Chris for the Sweep.

:)) :)) :)) You are right Samir… but its OK to be in sands sometimes without driving and its a different feeling…. πŸ™‚ but was too busy all the time guiding my newbee… πŸ˜‰
    Hey… will i come out without touching the pedal despite being in sands?? No way… :)) I did get a chance to drive all the way back to road from fossil and return to the convoy, to drop a member who had to leave in between.

November 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm #20015

It was my first ever drive in sands and as Mr.Sam said earlier, it is a memorable experience. Thanks Mr.Ali for the tips, guidance, detailed briefing and for leading us. I had been to desert umpteen times and also many drives with Dubai Offroaders, but the experience behind the wheel was entirely different. I felt Iam to desert for the very first time.

I expected a much more easy route for the newbee drive, but on seeing the drive through big dunes, my heart was pumping fast. Since there was a personal marshal with me, I did manage to avoid recovery trouble to others, managed ourself few bad stops.

Very happy to see many other female drivers in our group and therefore I enjoyed good company as well. Will drive again if my marshal allows me πŸ™‚ Wish u all a good weekend and a great week ahead.

November 2, 2012 at 6:11 pm #20016

Drive Details – Newbee Convoy 02/11/2012

Date: Nov 2, 2012 2:33 pm
    Distance: 17.6 kilometers
    Elapsed Time: 1:24:46
    Avg Speed: 12.5 km/h
    Max Speed: 49.7 km/h
    Min Altitude: 147 m
    Max Altitude: 272 m
    Start Location:
    Latitude: 25ΒΊ 09.9526′ N
    Longitude: 55ΒΊ 49.5086′ E
    Finish Location:
    Latitude: 25ΒΊ 04.9412′ N
    Longitude: 55ΒΊ 48.3878′ E

View Map http://goo.gl/maps/16g9c

November 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm #20024
    quote desert knight:

firstly ….with a few sucks …….. .

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

November 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm #20027
    quote Aruna Haridas:

It was my first ever drive in sands and as Mr.Sam said earlier, it is a memorable experience. Thanks Mr.Ali for the tips, guidance, detailed briefing and for leading us. I had been to desert umpteen times and also many drives with Dubai Offroaders, but the experience behind the wheel was entirely different. I felt Iam to desert for the very first time.

I expected a much more easy route for the newbee drive, but on seeing the drive through big dunes, my heart was pumping fast. Since there was a personal marshal with me, I did manage to avoid recovery trouble to others, managed ourself few bad stops.

Very happy to see many other female drivers in our group and therefore I enjoyed good company as well. Will drive again if my marshal allows me πŸ™‚ Wish u all a good weekend and a great week ahead.

Congratulations on your very first drive……good to see that we are going to have a lady marshal one day…..specially with one of good marshals sitting besides you….Only one thing u will have to take care….pls dont discuss about the grocery shopping for the week during the drive :)) :)) :)) :))

Well done…..keep it up :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

November 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm #20028

Considering how i seemingly love getting stuck in bowls i think im gonna change my handle to the “Bowlman”. i can picture firoz’s approving look upon reading this!

November 3, 2012 at 3:54 pm #20029
    quote Ganesh:

quote Aruna Haridas:

Only one thing u will have to take care….pls dont discuss about the grocery shopping for the week during the drive :)) :)) :)) :))

Can expect on gaining confidence =)) =)) =)) In this drive there was no talking [-(, status was listening mode (rare) being quite nervous :)) :)) :))

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.