Newbee + Intermediate Drive on 31/08/12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Meeting Time : 3:45 pm

Meeting Point : Badayar Shops

Drive Start: 4 pm

Drive Finish: 7 pm

Area: Area 53

Carry enough stock of drinking water / rehydration drinks. Temperature is expected to hover around 45 degree Celsius.
    Please ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition

Participants please refer to the list of equipments that one needs to carry for offroading and ensure the availability of all offroad gears in good condition for the drive.

Rules of the trip
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8

Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer
    disclaimer.php

The new convoy system is that all members to register for the drive before Thursday, 5pm. Every member will be assigned their convoy and lead marshal to contact. We will be having a common meeting point and end point. But convoys will take different routes as per the participant level and the lead marshals of respective convoys will decide the appropriate route. In case a member is unable to register before convoy allocation, he/she can report directly at the meeting point in time and the lead marshals will decide the convoy for the member.

Please strictly abide to the convoy rules and save the marshal’s number. You may contact your convoy staff for support and further details.

Marshals are requested to check the equipment of all members of their respective convoy.

convoy 1 ( new bee )

1. sam ( lead )
    2. fida
    3. ayman
    4. ashraf
    5. raj
    6. rahul
    7. Satyen
    8. Miguel
    9. ganesh ( sweep )
    10. jayesh ( sweep )
    11. Ali ( sweep-in-charge )

convoy 2 ( intermediate )

1. tushar ( lead )
    2. neville
    3. Mahaan
    4. mehul
    5. chris
    6. firoz
    7. ashok ( sweep )
    8. robinson ( sweep)
    9. saif ( sweep in charge )

convoy 3 ( intermediate )

1. dune rider ( lead )
    2. zarir
    3. shibu
    4. amei
    5. krishanan
    6. ricardo
    7. Amjad
    8. gerry (sweep )
    9. humayun ( sweep )
    10. satwinder ( sweep in charge )

August 27, 2012 at 2:37 am #18561

Hi Sam – made a small editing of the timing in drive post. Meeting & Drive Start timing were interchanged.

August 27, 2012 at 2:51 am #18562

Thanks G.Kumar ๐Ÿ˜€

August 27, 2012 at 5:29 am #18571
    quote GKumar:

Hi Sam – made a small editing of the timing in drive post. Meeting & Drive Start timing were interchanged.

Thanks mate!

August 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm #18593

Sam,

As the sunset is earlier nowadays, can we plan for assembly at 4pm and drive start as 4.30pm.

August 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm #18599
    quote khshareef:

Sam,

As the sunset is earlier nowadays, can we plan for assembly at 4pm and drive start as 4.30pm.

I thinks still little hotter earlier and still we do have good 3 – 3 and half hours to drive. ๐Ÿ™‚

May be after couple of week we can start 4 pm.

August 28, 2012 at 2:06 am #18604

sam, nowadays the sunset is between 6.30pm to 6.45pm and drive time will be 2 hrs.

August 28, 2012 at 2:07 am #18605
    quote desert knight:

boys ……….. i am back ………

:yesss: :ymhug: :yesss:

August 28, 2012 at 3:43 am #18607

i agree with brother khshareef, the Sunset is becoming much ealyer.
    also for newbies to have a nite drive is not advisable even though it is short dive.
    the weather is much nicer now.
    can a 3pm start be concedard?
    the members will enjoyee more . this is just a personal opinion.

August 28, 2012 at 4:59 am #18610
    quote desert knight:

boys ……….. i am back ………

Welcome back….we missed your company :yesss:

August 28, 2012 at 5:06 am #18611
    quote Dune Rider:

i agree with brother khshareef, the Sunset is becoming much ealyer.
    also for newbies to have a nite drive is not advisable even though it is short dive.
    the weather is much nicer now.
    can a 3pm start be concedard?
    the members will enjoyee more . this is just a personal opinion.

i agree with Abudllah, suggestion : we can split the convoys into 2 groups, newbee and Intermediate, where as the intermediate can do a longer drive and newbee can finish early,if the marshals are available to lead 2 convoys.

August 28, 2012 at 5:21 am #18612

I agree with Amjed who agrees with Abdullah and also agree with Humayun…and…and…. :drive: :drive:

August 28, 2012 at 5:36 am #18613

Since Abdullah who agreed with Humayun, Amjd who agreed with Abdullah, Rob who agreed with Amjad and on and on….. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I decides to change drive time. Please check the first post.

August 28, 2012 at 5:42 am #18614

From our experience on last Friday’s drive, the temperature is tolerable now and you can enjoy the drive even more earlier… ๐Ÿ™‚ :drive:

August 28, 2012 at 8:12 am #18615
    quote SamTheMan:

Since Abdullah who agreed with Humayun, Amjd who agreed with Abdullah, Rob who agreed with Amjad and on and on….. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I decides to change drive time. Please check the first post.

I agree with Sam now ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.