NEWBIE, Friday 6th Feb PM Drive

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

Wish i was coming but looking forward to the next trip. Have fun…

would have been nice to have u with us Paul 🙂
    hope to see u soon on another DO drive…
    cheers

February 5, 2015 at 5:24 pm #31940

Drive info updated…

February 6, 2015 at 5:22 am #31943

is it too late to register for the drive ? due to office work was not able to decided earlier.

Cheers !!
    Deva

February 6, 2015 at 7:21 am #31944

Last minute registered. See you guys later

February 6, 2015 at 8:46 am #31945
    quote Deva:

is it too late to register for the drive ? due to office work was not able to decided earlier.

Cheers !!
    Deva

its never too late Dave 🙂
    just hit the register button and join us at the location..
    hope to c u there..
    cheers

February 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm #31947

:thanks:
    Thanks everyone for helping out today after I did a roller!
    My Safari looks like it is totalled, but I only broke a nail 😉 and of course my pride is hurt…
    Will be joining my husband in the Raptor till I get my car sorted out, and I can get back to offroading again!

February 6, 2015 at 4:05 pm #31948

so sorry for the accident, sometimes its the price to pay for defying gravity.
    but most importatntly is that u and ur copilot made it out unharmed, and congratultions to both of you for the courage u showed. you even insisted on driving the wrecked patrol back to main road 🙂
    gd luck with sorting things out with the insurance, and hope to see you again on the upcoming DO drive.
    cheers

February 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm #31951

thanks for the good drive ashraf..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/10153028840902356/?notif_t=like

February 6, 2015 at 8:10 pm #31952

I was with the Fewbies convoy, and it was a aery interesting and nice Drive today.

Unfortunately Wieneke rolled her car, but thankfully no one was hurt (except for the nail). The only other mishap (after the rolle-over… it seemed very minor) was one pop out that was quickly fixed. The rest of the ride had a few people getting stuck and needing a little tug to get going again, but in fairness many of those happened after sun down and many people didn’t have appropriate lights and became more tentative as they couldn’t see very well. I really enjoyed the ride, I enjoy all the rides as I love being out in the desert. I thought the Marshal and the sweeper did a great job of leading the convoy and coordinating rescues. Everyone made it out safely and from what I saw at the end of the ride, everyone seemed to have a great time.

looking forwards to the next outing.

Ash

February 6, 2015 at 9:17 pm #31953
    quote joe.zeinoun:

so sorry for the accident, sometimes its the price to pay for defying gravity.
    but most importatntly is that u and ur copilot made it out unharmed, and congratultions to both of you for the courage u showed. you even insisted on driving the wrecked patrol back to main road 🙂
    gd luck with sorting things out with the insurance, and hope to see you again on the upcoming DO drive.
    cheers

good news is no one get harmed.

February 7, 2015 at 4:41 am #31954
    quote Jean:

Thanks Duncan for your reminder.

That made me realize that those buttons don’t appear when I use the iPad X(

So, I used my trusted laptop to register properly. 😀

From what I have seen, you get the register button only if you are logged into to the site. If you are just browsing, it allows you to view but you cannot register for :drive:

February 7, 2015 at 6:14 am #31955
    quote Ahmed&Wien:

Thanks everyone for helping out today after I did a roller!
    My Safari looks like it is totalled, but I only broke a nail 😉 and of course my pride is hurt…
    Will be joining my husband in the Raptor till I get my car sorted out, and I can get back to offroading again!

You are most Welcome..after all we are a part of DO family..where everyone have fun as a team and help each other as its their responsibility..
    It was so unfortunate to have that incident …And most important and good thing is you are safe and sound…Trust you are OK and all well by now
    See you soon in sand.. In Sha Allah

February 7, 2015 at 6:19 am #31956
    quote Asem Ahmed:

You are most welcome Asem..

Many thanks indeed for a wonderfull support as a sweep…it was a need of the hour..and you ensured it is taken care with utmost care and calm..
    I would like to highly appreciate your effort…

BTW..the pics are soo nice…have seen them on the FB page.. :thanks:

See you soon ..In Sha Allah

February 7, 2015 at 6:22 am #31957
    quote Iwamas:

I was with the Fewbies convoy, and it was a aery interesting and nice Drive today.

Unfortunately Wieneke rolled her car, but thankfully no one was hurt (except for the nail). The only other mishap (after the rolle-over… it seemed very minor) was one pop out that was quickly fixed. The rest of the ride had a few people getting stuck and needing a little tug to get going again, but in fairness many of those happened after sun down and many people didn’t have appropriate lights and became more tentative as they couldn’t see very well. I really enjoyed the ride, I enjoy all the rides as I love being out in the desert. I thought the Marshal and the sweeper did a great job of leading the convoy and coordinating rescues. Everyone made it out safely and from what I saw at the end of the ride, everyone seemed to have a great time.

looking forwards to the next outing.

Ash

You were a great supprt to the covoy..with your raptor fully loaded with all the equipments..
    See you soon..

February 7, 2015 at 7:44 am #31958

Ya thanks alot asharaf we enjoyed the drive yesterday:) :drive: :drive:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.